Instant coffee vs. café coffee: Which do you prefer?

When drinking your coffee do you typically prefer instant coffee at home or do you buy your coffee from cafes like Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts etc and why

Instant coffee
Instant coffee

café coffee
café coffee

the girl who makes my coffee likes me
the girl who makes my coffee likes me

1|2

Most Helpful Girls

• At home (or work) I only really drink the jarrah French liaison... I don’t like other instant coffee but I also can’t be bothered to grind and press on the espresso machine. I don’t even know why we still have it actually lol

0|1
    0|0
    • I find Nespresso to be better than instant coffee. It's even faster.

• Show All
    • @bubble_tea there are like 20 Nespresso stores that take the pods back in my entire country which is roughly the same size as the continental US 😉 not super convenient and even recyclable I just don’t like the idea of one use products like that 😊

• Sorry, I meant I "give" them back. When I place an order, I tick a box that I have used pods to recycle, and the driver takes them with him.
      But fair enough.

• I prefer the coffee I make with my Italian espresso maker. Why. I can drink it with the milk I like and the coffee never tastes burnt. Whereas at Starbucks, I've been served burnt tasting latte before. I don't know if the barista lacked the skills or if that's how they like their coffees to taste. Yuck.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I use a cafetiere for mine. But i also buy it out a lot for the convenience (i really hate calculating how much i spend on that lol).

0|1
    0|0
    • its expensive

• It is and it makes it fat... but i dono i'm too lazy to make my own coffee and carry a flask around. I might start bringing my coffee into the office, but i know the fuckers will nick it.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 20

• I like both. I think I like non-instant a little more. Instant coffee is good in small quantities but too much and you get sick of it very quickly. However it has a unique taste that regular coffee doesn't have.

0|1
    0|0
  • I avoid instant coffee like the devil. It's always terrible and you get the gross dregs at the bottom of the mug. If I'm at home, I use my Keurig machine or I brew it normally.

If I'm out, I go to Starbucks, Balzac's or Aroma, depending on where I am.

0|1
    0|0
  • I drink decaf coffee, so I prefer to drink my own coffee at home. I love kenco decaf. Most cafe's use their own brand. When I'm out, I prefer Costa coffee

0|1
    0|0
  • The guy who makes my coffee keeps giving me puppy dog eyes. He's cute, but he's like 18.

0|1
    0|0
  • I simply can't imagine my life without a Coffee (
    But I prefer to use Keurig machines for that purpose. They are extremely easy to use, easy to clean and make coffee in mere seconds. My morning coffee routine has been transformed since I purchased my Keurig, and I can’t imagine going back to our old coffee maker. Find out how to use a Keurig machine

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I usually drink instant coffee at home because it’s way cheaper this way. If I bought cafe coffee every day id be broke haha. Cafe coffee tastes better though 👍🏻

0|1
    0|0
  • Starbucks. I don't drink real coffee. Real coffee makes my hands tremble. So i drink sugar in a cup, aka, caramel frappuccinos. :D

0|1
    0|0
  • I use the owl instant coffees that already have cream n sugar in them. I honestly like those better.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd drink Folgers instant coffee before going to Starbucks and buying one of their coffees.

0|1
    0|0
  • Love that last pic lol
    Instant tastes like trash. I prefer drip.

0|1
    0|0
  • I’d say cafe coffee since there's a Starbucks on campus and another one close by to it

0|1
    0|0
  • I make coffee at home. Unless I'm meeting my friends for a coffee. THen I drink coffee in a cafe.

0|1
    0|0
  • Any coffee as long as its as black and bitter as my soul
    xx
    ~ Bloodrayne Absinthe Nevermore

0|1
    0|0
  • Instant coffee is of the devil.

0|1
    0|0
    • Don't you know how to brew a cup of coffee at home?

• Show All
    • good thing im not straight

• I think you're missing what I said. No self respecting gay man would admit to drinking instant coffee.

It's like a basic life skill so you don't have to spend so much money on coffee - you're going to need this skill when Trump starts WWIII. PM me later. I'll find an instructional video for you.

• Both don't really have a preference

0|1
    0|0
  • Wouldn't know, I dont drink coffee.

0|1
    0|0
  • i like tea

0|1
    0|0
  • Homemade coffee.

0|1
    0|0
  • Second and third are best

0|1
    0|0
  • Instant. Got no time for designing it. Lol

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• Tried it. Not a fan. Even with creamers and sugar to drown the taste

0|1
    0|0
    • we don't have creamers in Aus, I want to try it

• Show All
    • An additive that modifies the taste of coffee to make it taste better.

Instead of that dull dirt taste you get a rich flavor from vanilla, to caramel and even chocolate

• I know that but is it like a mix of cream and milk?

• I try never to have instant coffee. However, I'm not a big Starbucks, Costa kind of man either.

At home, I like the cafetiere stuff the best, I think. When I'm abroad, I like the real thing.

0|1
    0|0
  • Instant coffee is a terrible substitute for real coffee and I never keep i9t on hand. I prefer home brewed dark roast coffee with a dollop of 18% cream and a teaspoon of sugar per cup full.

0|1
    0|0
  • between instant coffee and cafe coffee i'd pick cafe coffee

0|1
    0|0
  • I drink both but most of the time the homemade instant coffee tastes better than the coffee you buy at coffee stands and stores that you pay a crazy amount of money for.

0|0
    0|0
  • Starbucks or Pete's at home, either Kurig or french press. :)

0|1
    0|0
  • I make real coffee or buy real coffee.

I don’t really know people who make instant coffee.

0|1
    0|0
  • I brew it at home and have it from a cafe, depending on time constraints

0|1
    0|0
  • Instant is swill

0|1
    0|0
  • café coffee

0|1
    0|0
  • neither, because i have insomnia