I'm turning 21 this September and I want to know something?

What is a good option for someone who is going to try alcohol for the first time? A shot?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Alright, make sure you eat and lots of water before hand. Try and pace yourself, it'll be really hard to judge though since its your first time. As for a shot, it doesn't really matter, I doubt any hard alcohol will be good. It's more of what's not as bad. I'm assuming you'll have some friends or family that will take care of you if you do get fucked up. Last, but not least drink more water before you go to bed. No matter how bad you feel, it really does help.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Buy yourself lolly water like cruisers. They are less strong and you can drink a few of them wirhout wiping yourself out. If you start with shots you'll be passed out in a bucket of your own vomit by 10pm. It only takes 2 drinks to get drunk when you haven't drunk before.

1|0
    0|0
    • The worst thing you can do your first time drinking is mix alcohol too. Triples your chance of spewing.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• It would be amusing to witness this as long as you have good friends who will take care of you.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the alcohol if you're trying some sort of hard liquor then a shot is fine.

1|0
    0|0
    • I would recommend you keep it light and drink at home if it's your first time.

• Stick to some of the lower alcohol content drinks such as beer, wine and coolers at first.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everclear

1|0
    0|0
  • l dont drink

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• A long island iced tea is an easy "go to", just be careful, you may not think they have a lot of alcohol, but they do!

1|1
    0|0
    • I'd almost say avoid mixed drinks entirely for her first time, just because of how deceiving they can be. "Oh! this is nice and fruity" Next thing you know you're passed out on the floor

• @BeenShook most people start off on them BECAUSE they dont taste like alcohol. Lets be real, we condition our selves to like alcohol 🤣

• Oh for sure, but that bad taste would be a good way to help ensure she doesn't over do it for her first time.

• I don't drink, but make sure you eat before you go out. Watch your drink of course and be safe! Happy early birthday.

1|0
    0|0
  • A shot or some beer. Try cocktail first if you aren't used to the taste.
    Better not to get several liquor at one night , stick to one type.
    Bring your friends so you don't get to drunk or taken advantage of

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes