What are some of your favorite crockpot recipes?

So I want to start using my crockpot more. Right now I only use it to make dip, and what I call crockpot chicken that's actually just a shredded chicken breast recipe lol. I'm a boring eater these days. Tired of chicken breast and broccoli.
Updates:
So I don't eat pork lol. Just a head's up.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Turtle stew, cake, pie, boiled dinners like roast, clam chowder, sauces, chili, taco Joe's, pulled meats, corn chowder, etc the list really goes on. I definetly like making spaghetti squash pasta with a nice ragu.

1|0
    0|0
    • Turtle stew?

• Show All
    • Well, I would prefer the pbnj over that lol 🤷🏾‍♀️

• But I get what you mean lol

• Pot roast for me. Get a good chuck roast, some onions, potatoes, carrots, garlic. I like to put the onions on the bottom followed by the potatoes, then beef, then carrots on top (since they get soft the fastest). Then add some salt and pepper, maybe just a small drizzle of water, and let it simmer on low heat for hours. Sometimes I sear the beef to try to make it hold together better (still fork tender but holds together) and sometimes I don't bother at all.

It's a pretty simple recipe. Sometimes I vary it slightly by using a pork roast in which case I like to add honey and barbecue sauce in addition for seasoning to get a sweeter roast.

1|0
    0|0
    • Sometimes it's hard to come across a good but affordable chuck roast here in Japan or any other good cut of beef for roasting, in which cases the roast doesn't always come out fork tender and be kind of chewy. In those botched cases I take all the juice from the bottom of the roast and pour it on a pan, slowly whisk in a water and flour mixture along with some butter, and turn that into home-made gravy and pour it over the result.

• Show All
    • Simmering beef is my favorite thing to do with the slow cooker, since taking a large slab of beef and making it so tender that it breaks apart with a fork requires simmering it on low heat for hours on end. For that I think the slow cooker becomes not only very convenient, but a very optimal cooking device. If the pot roast comes out well, it should look something like this:

assets.epicurious.com/.../basic-pot-roast.jpg

• It looks so good

Most Helpful Girls

• Beef tongue with fresh garlic cloves, bay, coriander seeds, salt, pepper and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes. Put it on low heat and slow cook for 3 hours. When it's done, you'll have to remove the tough outer husk of the tongue with a sharp knife to get to the tender flavorful meat inside. You can serve the lengua meat in tacos, burrito or by itself with a specific sauce of your liking with rice and beans. This is a popular favorite with my family and I used make it a lot with a crock pot.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

What Girls Said 8

• Chilli is good
    Same with pulled pork
    Roast beef

Anything you want to let sit and absorb it's juices or you want to leave for a good bit

Google should give you a BUNCH of free recipes to try but unfortunately I'm not sure the exact ones my mother uses in her slow cooker

1|0
    0|0
    • Roast is high on the list. I don't eat pork tho lol. And I know Google has a ton. I just wanted to see want some popular ones was.

• I love Crock-Pot chicken! It's like rotisserie! I mainly use my Crock-Pot in the fall/winter for stews and chili. I have read you can make french toast in it but I've yet to try that one out.

1|0
    0|0
  • make an awesome veggie stew or soup? xD hmm some good ass veggie rice? xD shoot. i dont even use a crockpot. xD

1|0
    0|0
  • Chicken Chile verde, guiso de pollo, Waikiki meatballs, Swiss steak

1|0
    0|0
  • A friend of mine gave me her chicken and dumplings recipe.

1|0
    0|0
  • I had one for peach cobbler

1|0
    0|0
    • Ooh, I've been holding on to a regular peach cobbler recipe. Maybe I'll look into that

• Crock pot chicken and dumplings

1|0
    0|0
  • Chili and veggie soup

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes