He's refusing to eat?

So he was drunk most of yesterday from morning booze, but from about noon yesterday he never touched anything-- even to eat. He's gone 36 hours on an empty stomach, thankfully sober, but he is refusing to touch any food or drink. He says his head hurts and it will make him throw up, which I assumed was a hangover, but it's lasting too long for that...
I'm starting to get worried. Its not healthy to go this long without food-- and especially water-- right? How do I get him to eat something?
Updates:
He's started crying and screaming! he's holding his head and he's just screaming, banging his head on the floor!
I'm taking him to ER. Now.
It's cerebral hemorrhage. He's in surgery now, it will be another 4 hours or so. There's... not a good survival rate. A nurse is going to give me a brief on it, but he won't get out of the hospital for at least a week, even if... If he dies make it.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Could be drugs, check his pupils, heartrate, body warmth, behaviour etc.
    Symptoms made me think of Amphetamine. Amphetamines overhere are a bit different so im not sure but meth can work for days right?

0|0
    0|1
    • You think he's on drugs? Is this normally a sign of that? ?
      Wait, should his pupils be dilated or not if he's on that drug? How can I tell from his heart rate and behavior? Could it make it worse if he doesn't eat?

• Well, It might be something that got in his drink or he mightve been so drunk he didn't even knowingly take drugs. So i wouldn't want to be the one that implies your boyfriend is on drugs... But! It's not common for someone to lose his appetite and be nauseous this long after alcohol (not Impossible though).

I'm not really familiar with the drugculture overthere so it might be best to read up on it yourself. It did remind me of people i saw coming down from a weekend on amphetamines and mdma for example.

• But yeah, I dont want to worry you unnecessarelly. I was just covering all the bases..:)

Most Helpful Girl

• He should see a doctor. And I don't know who this guy is to you, but it shouldn't be your responsibility to take care of him for days because he decided to get drunk

0|0
    0|0
    • He's my boyfriend... And I'm trying to avoid taking care of him like this, because yoire right he's an adult, and he needs to do it himself.
      But this is really starting to worry me... I mean not eating or drinking for 36 hours? That's not healthy. I have to do SOMETHING about it.

• Well I would usually get someone Gatorade for a hangover, it gets salt and also water into their system. But that is like the morning after, this seems extreme which is why I said doctor, and re-evaluate whether this relationship is a good idea.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• go up to him with soup and bread... say "eat this"
    if you want some attitude in this... throw the bread at his head.. walk off.
    Come back a few minutes later with the butter.. (IF YOU DARE)
    then..
    sit with him and hold his arm ;[
    say "please dont die, i love you"

0|0
    0|1
    • He won't eat. I don't think throwing it at his head would help, he'd probably just leave it there...
      And if I get emotional he will, and that could lead to his headache getting worse.

• Show All
    • well thats pretty messed up, he needed water and the dehydration has kicked in

• He made it. There's some detail in my newest question. I'd give you a link, but I can't send links at level one..

• Well if he drank enough to give himself alcohol poisoning it certainly can last that long and longer. Only he knows how he feels and if he thinks eating or drinking will make him throw up he is probably right. He's just got to wait it out.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't know how long a person can go without food, but I'm pretty sure that without water he won't last more than a few days. I don't think he can afford to wait it out much longer.

• Show All
    • But just putting it in his mouth won't do any good, will it?

• It's not going to do a whole lot but it does help. It satiates the thirst some. Like I said he just gonna have to wait it out.

• there's a logical reason his body doesn't crave food right now. think about it.. if he eats, his body will have to waste its energy and resources to digesting food, instead of repairing whatever he fucked up with the booze. he does not need food right now.

0|0
    0|0
  • The water should help him to clean his stomach, but regarding the food he can feel too toxic after the party.

0|0
    0|0
  • First give him a weed, hangover will be gone and he will eat a lot

0|0
    1|0
  • see a doctor

0|0
    0|2
    • Do you really think I should?

• Show All
    • great take care

• l knew he was ill?

• Put peanut butter on your pussy and ask him to lick it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks, but I'm trying to cut all sexuality until he cuts the overdrinking, otherwise I'm sure that would work.

• Show All
    • Good luck

• He made it. There's some detail in my newest question. I'd give you a link, but I can't send links at level one..

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe a smothie is a good first step

0|0
    0|0
    • He can't even keep water down, I think a smoothie would be harder, wouldn't it?

• Show All
    • Omg im so sorry! If you need to talk im here okay? Good luck for both of you

• Get him water and tell him it's okay to throw up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Take him to the ER

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm gonna try and get him to eat a smoothie, and I'd like to give him a little more time, maybe he'll get better? But if that doesn't work and he's still like this in 45 minutes... I'm gonna take him in..

• Show All
    • Good

Recommended myTakes