Ever eaten Rabbit?

If yes, please describe the taste and if you liked it
If no would you try it?

Ever eaten Rabbit?

Ever eaten Rabbit?
Updates:
lol at the people complaining about the pics

so many people who eat meat just don't want to think of what they're eating as animals, wake up

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Yup, wasn’t really a fan but it was cooked well. You know how sometimes you get really strong tasting lamb or roo? It’s like stringier chicken thigh with that stronger flavour

0|1
    0|0
  • Quite often it's a national dish over here. My favourite is fried with garlic and then thick fries on the side.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I shoot them in the garden fairly regularly, although I've bagged a lot more wood pigeons recently.

Anyway, regardless, we eat them. I skin them, clean them, and then they go into the freezer until the next visit from the in-laws to be, when they get made into various things.

It tastes good, provided you know what to do with it. Ours are wild, so they need marinating in vinegar beforehand, and then stewing for a long time to get them tender. Farmed ones wouldn't need this.

0|1
    0|0
    • what do they taste like?

• Show All
    • @andreasderjuengere Peppercorns, cloves, allspice for definite. One recipe stewed them in beer. I'll need to ask my gal's mum for further details. I just obtained and prepared them, so to speak.

Factory farmed rabbit doesn't taste of much. Mine are wild, and have more of a gamey flavour to them. The meat looks a bit like chicken, when it's cooked but darker.

• Thanks for MHO

• We used to farm rabbits back home, so I got to eat them pretty frequently.

It's probably my least favorite kind of meat after poultry, super tough, dry and lean.
    If you leave cooked chicken breasts out on the counter to dry overnight, you will get something close to what rabbit tastes like.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 19

• Ew no

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, and I will never eat it again, the texture was extremely dry and the flavor was gamey and the after effects were the stuff that nightmares are made of. I was throwing up and had diarrhea until the next morning. If, I ever get offered rabbit again I will probably say "F**k no!"

0|1
    0|0
  • I have
    Sort of tastes like a tender piece of chicken

0|1
    0|0
  • I've had many time, it's delicious but why did you have to put such pics, they're horrible ><

0|1
    0|0
  • Man, were the pics really necessary? No, have not. And apparently I am an intolerant to rabbit being ingested. So won't ever be happening either.

0|1
    0|0
  • No and did you really have to add a picture? Seriously? 🙄😔

1|1
    0|0
  • Quite a lot and it’s really nice just sort of tastes like chicken to me. Although I think everything tastes like chicken 😂

0|1
    0|0
  • I wanted to, but this image made me re-think about it

0|1
    0|0
  • god no 😷😷

but im told its similiar to chicken.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. And will refuse to. I had pet rabbits so I can't think of that😢

0|1
    0|0
  • My great grandma made it years ago when I was 7, but I didn’t eat it

0|1
    0|0
  • I have, 10 years ago so I don't really remember the taste, but it wasn't bad.

0|1
    0|0
  • Only in Minecraft.

0|1
    0|0
  • I want a pet bunny

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I did 2 days ago it was awesome

0|1
    0|0
  • No..

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope... but the first picture made me sad :(

0|1
    0|0
  • I have but not in years now.

0|1
    0|0
  • Poor rabbit...

3|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 26

• I know this is going to sound strange but rabbits are kind of like a sacred animal to me, which is why I've never eaten one and never would. I've grown up my whole life with rabbits. We had them all throughout my childhood and teenager years. However, that's not the only reason why I don't eat them... it's not pure emotionality. Somehow, I've always felt like I have a special connection to this animal. Like a spiritual connection almost. I know this sounds like I'm stoned but I'm really serious about it. There have been several situations in my life where I chose to go to bed hungry simply because I refused to eat a bit of rabbit (or the things it was cooked in). There's like a voice really deep inside of me that tells me not to do it and is very adamant about it (without giving me any reasoning though). I trust this voice; especially because I don't experience it with any other animal. It makes me feel like even though I don't know the reason, there must be reason why I feel this way. I mean... I've also grown up with cats and guinea pigs for my whole life and I would eat both of those (or at least try). And I don't hear this voice inside of me when I think about eating those animals.

So... I figure that rabbits are my spiritual animal... like for some native Americans. I want to respect that. There's more than enough other animals I can eat.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've eaten hare before. My mates and I made a stew out of it while camping. It tastes gamey, not bad gamey, just a little stringy, and... wild. Which is not a bad thing. I'm not sure of the difference between the taste of rabbit and hare though.

PS: I'm glad you placed the photo up. So many people who eat meat just don't want to think of what they're eating as animals, which I find rather amusing. In my family, we fight over who gets to eat the fish head, especially the eyeballs. So many who eat meat don't even have the heart to kill the animal themselves but have no problems gobbling it down. If I ever have kids, I'm going to teach them how to slaughter a chicken and gut a fish.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, it's pretty tasty, although I prefer sheep meat tbh.

Difficult to describe as I've only had it a few times. No it doesn't taste like chicken.

0|1
    0|0
  • I did. Taste is really nice - how can I say...(?) somewhat similar to chicken, but with more 'substance'?

0|1
    0|0
  • Without cliche I can say it tastes like chicken, but slightly stringer and tougher.

0|1
    0|0
  • Rabbit is extremely lean so you have to be careful to not overcook it. It's quite similar in taste and consistency to chicken.

0|1
    0|0
    • Your bet for tender juicy meat is to brine the meat before cooking and don't overcook. Use and instant read thermometer. Brine is a mixture of water, salt and seasonings that tenderizes meat and infuses it with flavor. Rabbit meat has a soft, salty flavor that works well with the salt in a brine solution. In addition, the inherent dryness of rabbit meat is easily combated by brining it before you cook it. You will need approximately five minutes to make the brine and about one hour of soaking time per pound of meat. This recipe yields enough brine for 6 lbs. of rabbit.
      Step 1
      Combine the water, fresh basil, fresh oregano, salt, sugar, crushed garlic, red-wine vinegar and
      red-pepper flakes in a large mixing bowl. Whisk the brine for 1 minute or until the salt is
      completely dissolved.
      Step 2
      Place the rabbit meat into the bowl and press it down so it is submerged in liquid. If the top of
      the meat pokes out, add a mixture of three parts water and one part red-wine vinegar to submerge it.

• Step 3
      Cover the bowl with a sheet of plastic wrap. Place the rabbit into the refrigerator to brine for 1
      hour per lb. of meat.

Step 4
      Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and lift the rabbit out of the brine. Discard the brine and
      pat the rabbit dry with paper towels before you cook it.
      Tips
       Brine adds a salty flavor to the rabbit. When you cook it, do not season the meat with
      extra salt.
      Things You'll Need
       6 cups water
       2 cups fresh basil, chopped
       1/3 cup fresh oregano, chopped
       6 tbsp. salt
       2 tbsp. sugar
       6 tbsp. crushed garlic
       1/3 cup red-wine vinegar
       1 tsp. red-pepper flakes
       Large mixing bowl
       Whisk
       Plastic wrap

• Rabbit deer squirrel doves quail some more things but the people here wouldn't like it

0|1
    0|0
  • I did in Italy... They all told me it was chicken..

0|1
    0|0
  • ohh careful you'll trigger some vegan/vegetarians with those pics lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I never ate rabbit but did hear it tastes like chicken.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have ate a rabbit. They are good. The taste is almost like chicken bit stronger

0|1
    0|0
  • I've shot, skinned, and eaten rabbits

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Tastes like chicken

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah. A long time ago

0|1
    0|0
  • nope and dont want to ever