Ever eaten Rabbit?

If yes, please describe the taste and if you liked it
If no would you try it?

Ever eaten Rabbit?

Ever eaten Rabbit?
lol at the people complaining about the pics

so many people who eat meat just don't want to think of what they're eating as animals, wake up

2128

Most Helpful Girls

• Yup, wasn’t really a fan but it was cooked well. You know how sometimes you get really strong tasting lamb or roo? It’s like stringier chicken thigh with that stronger flavour

• Quite often it's a national dish over here. My favourite is fried with garlic and then thick fries on the side.

Most Helpful Guys

• I shoot them in the garden fairly regularly, although I've bagged a lot more wood pigeons recently.

Anyway, regardless, we eat them. I skin them, clean them, and then they go into the freezer until the next visit from the in-laws to be, when they get made into various things.

It tastes good, provided you know what to do with it. Ours are wild, so they need marinating in vinegar beforehand, and then stewing for a long time to get them tender. Farmed ones wouldn't need this.

• what do they taste like?

• @andreasderjuengere Peppercorns, cloves, allspice for definite. One recipe stewed them in beer. I'll need to ask my gal's mum for further details. I just obtained and prepared them, so to speak.

Factory farmed rabbit doesn't taste of much. Mine are wild, and have more of a gamey flavour to them. The meat looks a bit like chicken, when it's cooked but darker.

• Thanks for MHO

• We used to farm rabbits back home, so I got to eat them pretty frequently.

It's probably my least favorite kind of meat after poultry, super tough, dry and lean.
    If you leave cooked chicken breasts out on the counter to dry overnight, you will get something close to what rabbit tastes like.