Its often heard that a person prefer others cooking than him/her. Will you agree?

Even i can make tea and coffee myself, i like to drink others rather than mine. But, its not than i can't make them well.. Its just i can't explain. Willing to know if others face the same thing.
  • Yes.
  • No.

33

Most Helpful Girl

• I am quite a good cook, but I don't always like the hassle. Much of what I do bother to cook is quite a bit better than restaurant food. But all the prep and clean-up and shit. Cooking can be really incredible but it's also a lot of work and it's easy to be uninspired.

My mother is a truly excellent cook and baker except now she's starting to lose her touch with some things because she's getting older and I think has very few fucks left to give. I learned from the best, and she still cooks pretty often. When she roasts a pork loin or a beef roast or a turkey breast the angels sing. She's a meat magician. She also has a black belt in potluck.

She still teaches me stuff.

Most Helpful Guy

• As someone who's worked in the restaurant industry before, in the kitchen, I often go to friends' homes for dinner, and they're always saying things like "I know this dish might probably taste ordinary to you..." And I tell them that's the furthest thing from my mind. Yes, I've worked in fine-dining, and yes, we probably had ingredients the home cook might not have the resources to get their hands on, but honestly, the food my friends cook are perfectly fine and tasty. There's a beauty and timeless charm in something as simple as spaghetti bolognese or spice-rubbed roast chicken with potatoes or a well-made mac and cheese. The fact that someone I know made it with time, dedication, determination, and lotsa love - that, to me, makes the food delicious. Yes, I know it's a cliche, but I really feel that you can tell when food is cooked by someone who WANTS it to be good, and by someone who doesn't give a damn about it.

Of course, I draw the line when it comes to strange concoctions that don't taste that great. Like a friend who tried boiling salmon in milk. That really happened.