At what time do you eat your 3 meals a day? and which is bigger lunch or dinner?

I've been living on my own for a year and realized that I stopped eating 3 meals a day, but rather eat whenever I feel hungry. Unsurprisingly I gained a ton of weight. Now I'm going back to eating normal meals, but how? should I eat big meals at dinner? when is dinner? my lunch break is only 10 minutes, and I get home at 6 from uni.
All suggestions are welcome :)

34

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a big breakfast ( grapefruit, eggs usually sunny side up or scrambled with toast, a couple of slices of bacon or two sausages, apple juice and tea or coffee ), I prefer lunch (dinner) to be the main meal of the day but like you, don't always have the time for that, so I eat as healthy as I can for dinner (lunch i a salad, with a bagel) and try to eat supper (some kind of meat, one or two veggies and possibly a starch such as a potato, rice or pasta) as early as possible usually between 5 and 6 pm, then enjoy a hot green tea at around 8 pm and nothing else after that!

• Too bad you're anonymous or I would of liked to follow you!

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a small but good breakfast if I can (I'm thinking work time on an average day, so around 7-8am), a snack/fruit at around 10.30 or if I'm feeling very hungry, and quite a small lunch. Then I might have something small again when I come home at about 5pm, like a fruit or hard bread, and finally dinner at 7-8pm, which is the bigger meal.

I choose dinner as the bigger meal just because I like cooking something nice up though, and don't have time for it with any of the other meals.