Would you have a steak tartare?

That is raw beef if you like to knowWould you have a steak tartare?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've had salmon tartare, but I don't think I would have steak tartare. The idea of raw beef doesn't seem too appetizing.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I love it, it's one of my favorites. :-D That said, I'm from Japan originally, and used to raw fish as well as even raw horse, raw beef, and raw alligator one time in Shizuoka.

Horse sashimi (basashi):
    https://i.redd.it/x7qujh7pjq1z.jpg

0|0
    0|0
    • In my opinion steak tartare is less of an acquired taste than sashimi. It's a bit more tasty and seasoned with the Worcestershire, onions, capers, egg yolk, etc, and not just a lump of raw meat with just soy sauce and wasabi.

• Love French cuisine in general except when the bill comes around. I always get a bit of a sticker shock there.

• From a safety standpoint, no thanks. From a taste standpoint, no thanks: it takes a good Maillard Reaction- technical term for the charring of the proteins and sugars in the meat- to REALLY develop good flavor in meats.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• That's a dead body. A slowly rotting corpse. No way

0|0
    0|0
  • Pass

0|0
    0|0
  • I think I'd at least try it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I wouldn't consume raw meat

0|0
    0|0
  • nope

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• The egg yolk tartare is a common dish here, but I personally find beef carpaccio to be the better way of preparing raw beef.

0|0
    0|0
  • No thanks. I don't eat beef, anyway. I used to work on a farm, and I know how it's made.

0|0
    0|0
  • thats really gross lol... I don't see how that looks tasty to anyone haha

0|0
    0|0
  • I already ate that. I recently read it was introduced by Kublay Khan, in Moscow.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have, just pass on the raw egg

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course

0|0
    0|0
  • Never

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah