Would you have a steak tartare?

That is raw beef if you like to knowWould you have a steak tartare?

610

Most Helpful Girl

• I've had salmon tartare, but I don't think I would have steak tartare. The idea of raw beef doesn't seem too appetizing.

Most Helpful Guys

• I love it, it's one of my favorites. :-D That said, I'm from Japan originally, and used to raw fish as well as even raw horse, raw beef, and raw alligator one time in Shizuoka.

Horse sashimi (basashi):
    https://i.redd.it/x7qujh7pjq1z.jpg

• In my opinion steak tartare is less of an acquired taste than sashimi. It's a bit more tasty and seasoned with the Worcestershire, onions, capers, egg yolk, etc, and not just a lump of raw meat with just soy sauce and wasabi.

• Love French cuisine in general except when the bill comes around. I always get a bit of a sticker shock there.

• From a safety standpoint, no thanks. From a taste standpoint, no thanks: it takes a good Maillard Reaction- technical term for the charring of the proteins and sugars in the meat- to REALLY develop good flavor in meats.