Is there a way to make coffee easier on the stomach?

I love coffee but it sometimes upsets my stomach. I have to have a lot of cream and sugar in it but I’m also slightly lactose intolerant so maybe that contributes to my discomfort.

My mom makes a pot of really strong coffee every morning. She tells me to make my own in less amounts but I still get the upset stomach. I need my caffeine fix every morning so I started drinking tea but it’s not the same.

Any suggestions? Should I just make really weak coffee?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm lactose intolerant and have acid reflux... I love coffee and still drink a cup as often as I can. I use non-dairy creamers... typically the flavored kind. And I brew strong. I think the reason it doesn't bother me is because I try to eat a little something healthy to go with my coffee.

1|0
    0|0
  • Coffee contains a diarrhetic compounds. Just minutes after you ingest java, it reaches your stomach. One or more of its hundreds of compounds triggers the production of certain hormones in your body, such as motilin—which stimulates gut contractions—or gastrin, which causes the secretion of acid in your stomach. That’s why it upsets your digestive tract.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you tried international delight? They are creamers that have flavor, and are non dairy.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I use it all the time. I didn’t know it was non dairy. I guess I can blame the coffee then.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• You can use almond milk or soy milk if you don't want to drink your coffee without any milk... These are good substitutes...

1|0
    0|0
  • Get some antacid, as a temporary fix. Consult a qualified medical professional. They'll know more about your physiology.

1|0
    0|0
  • You could always buy those coffee syrups to change the taste around.

1|0
    0|0
  • I always add whiskey to mine which is most gratifying.

0|0
    0|0
  • Drink black coffee with hot water and a little suger if you want

1|0
    0|0
  • Well if coffee upsets your stomach may be it is just best to stop drinking it

0|0
    0|0
  • Use non-dairy creamer

1|0
    0|0
  • Try a tea spoon of coffee or reduce the coffee

1|0
    0|0
  • dont drink it with milk

0|1
    0|0
  • dont drink it