What is role of oil in the making of pancakes?

Don’t know if it’s appropriate to ask this question in this forum but. I’m making a new pancake recipe and debating wether to use oil in it or not. I have a company giving me coconut oil for free to make healthy recipes but I feel like oil in pancakes is not necessary! What does oil do for the pancake when added to the batter. ?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Inside the batter? You could probably get away without using it. But on the stovetop, you'll want some so that it'll cook and stuff and doesn't stick or burn.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yess i meant what does it do for the pancake inside the batter, does it make it any better?

• Show All
    • Maybe! that’s what I want to know! I want to use the oil because I kinda feel like I have to because I got endorsed by this company but I think if I use oil in them especially since it’s a healthy food page my followers would think it’s completely unnecessary!

• I'd say you don't need it in the batter, but you should have something while cooking them.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I've only used Bisquick. It uses only eggs and milk. I don't know if any oil was used in making the Bisquick powder but it seems unlikely. The only like food item I've made that calls for oil is waffles. With waffles I've heard it helps make them crunchy on the outside instead of soft. I can't imagine why pancakes would need oil unless they too will need a crunchy outside and soft insider per this recipe.

1|0
    0|0
  • Substitute the cooking oil with the coconut oil in the pan so the pancakes won't stick

0|0
    0|0
  • i'm pretty sure the oil is just to help them not stick to the pan.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes