What is role of oil in the making of pancakes?

Don’t know if it’s appropriate to ask this question in this forum but. I’m making a new pancake recipe and debating wether to use oil in it or not. I have a company giving me coconut oil for free to make healthy recipes but I feel like oil in pancakes is not necessary! What does oil do for the pancake when added to the batter. ?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• Inside the batter? You could probably get away without using it. But on the stovetop, you'll want some so that it'll cook and stuff and doesn't stick or burn.

• Yess i meant what does it do for the pancake inside the batter, does it make it any better?

• Maybe! that’s what I want to know! I want to use the oil because I kinda feel like I have to because I got endorsed by this company but I think if I use oil in them especially since it’s a healthy food page my followers would think it’s completely unnecessary!

• I'd say you don't need it in the batter, but you should have something while cooking them.