I want to buy a rotisserie chicken for a party I am going to tomorrow at 8:00 p. m. - how long does chicken last after its purchased?

I want to know if its okay to buy the chicken early - like around 12:00 in the afternoon because it might rain tomorrow so I don't want to leave the house after 6:00 p. m. I don't need to leave the house very long to go to the party cause I am getting a ride there.

28

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh that's totally fine. I know that the food police will say that it's not ok because the food is going to sit in the "danger zone" (i. e. the temperature range where bacteria flourish) for hours, but it'll be fine. If you're really worried, you should buy it and then refrigerate it. However, then you'll need to reheat it before serving, which might be what you were going to do anyway.

Most Helpful Girl

• You will have to reheat it but it will probably taste like leftovers. Some stores have chickens for the dinner crowd so maybe 6 pm would be a better time to buy? If worse comes to worse a barrel of KFC would probably work.