I want to buy a rotisserie chicken for a party I am going to tomorrow at 8:00 p. m. - how long does chicken last after its purchased?

I want to know if its okay to buy the chicken early - like around 12:00 in the afternoon because it might rain tomorrow so I don't want to leave the house after 6:00 p. m. I don't need to leave the house very long to go to the party cause I am getting a ride there.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh that's totally fine. I know that the food police will say that it's not ok because the food is going to sit in the "danger zone" (i. e. the temperature range where bacteria flourish) for hours, but it'll be fine. If you're really worried, you should buy it and then refrigerate it. However, then you'll need to reheat it before serving, which might be what you were going to do anyway.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You will have to reheat it but it will probably taste like leftovers. Some stores have chickens for the dinner crowd so maybe 6 pm would be a better time to buy? If worse comes to worse a barrel of KFC would probably work.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• It depends on when it was cooked, but 8:00 hours will not kill anyone... However, fresher is better and cold chicken might not be a hit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Keep it warm as long as you can and it will be like fresh.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you get to the party you need to pop it into the oven at 150 to 200 F until heated through.

0|0
    0|0
  • You'll be fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • put it in the fridge and your good!

0|0
    0|0
  • Its fine

0|0
    0|0
  • It'll be just fine! No worries!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• It will be safe to eat as long as you put it in the fridge.
    But though it may be more convenient for you, the chicken always starts to taste weird after being in the fridge, especially if you microwave it. It can become hard from my personal experience lol.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes