Why Do People Hate Vegans?

I'm a vegan and when I talk about I got a lot of negative comments. do I talk to much about it? do I (indirectly) judge about people their lifestyle? HELP ME!! ;) haha

thanks

48

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not anybody's right to force their ideals on other people. Would you like it if someone with a different religion was pushy and in your face, trying to shame you and convert you, and acted like they were better than you constantly when you were just trying to go about your daily life? No, probably not. It's rude and annoying.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nothing wrong with being a vegan. It's your choice.
    The problem most people have with (some/most) vegans and vegetarians is that they are often willing to tell people, very loudly, and very strongly, why eating meat is wrong. These vegans and vegetarians pick fights with people who eat meat, and look forward to any opportunity to unleash their spiel that eating animals is cruel and unjust and everyone should stop eating meat and let the animals live.

This is a strategy that often backfires and completely alienates those who choose to eat meat. It is also not a good strategy when it comes to persuading people. Anyone who has even a modicum of experience in the art of persuasion knows that the best way to persuade people to do something is to link that something, to connect it, to people's interests.

For example, I, as an occasional meat eater, would say that I have probably done more in the reduction of meat consumption by telling people to try going meatless for one meal a week or on the weekends, or to eat less meat and more veggies, for health reasons and/or to save money/time, compared to vegetarians and vegans who are screaming in these people's faces how eating meat is murder.

Basic tenet of persuasion: tell them what's in it for them. Align with THEIR interests, rather than yours.