Why Do People Hate Vegans?

I'm a vegan and when I talk about I got a lot of negative comments. do I talk to much about it? do I (indirectly) judge about people their lifestyle? HELP ME!! ;) haha

thanks

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not anybody's right to force their ideals on other people. Would you like it if someone with a different religion was pushy and in your face, trying to shame you and convert you, and acted like they were better than you constantly when you were just trying to go about your daily life? No, probably not. It's rude and annoying.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Nothing wrong with being a vegan. It's your choice.
    The problem most people have with (some/most) vegans and vegetarians is that they are often willing to tell people, very loudly, and very strongly, why eating meat is wrong. These vegans and vegetarians pick fights with people who eat meat, and look forward to any opportunity to unleash their spiel that eating animals is cruel and unjust and everyone should stop eating meat and let the animals live.

This is a strategy that often backfires and completely alienates those who choose to eat meat. It is also not a good strategy when it comes to persuading people. Anyone who has even a modicum of experience in the art of persuasion knows that the best way to persuade people to do something is to link that something, to connect it, to people's interests.

For example, I, as an occasional meat eater, would say that I have probably done more in the reduction of meat consumption by telling people to try going meatless for one meal a week or on the weekends, or to eat less meat and more veggies, for health reasons and/or to save money/time, compared to vegetarians and vegans who are screaming in these people's faces how eating meat is murder.

Basic tenet of persuasion: tell them what's in it for them. Align with THEIR interests, rather than yours.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• there's nothing wrong with it. the people who brag about it and are so annoying about it, judging others, are the ones that people hate. if you're just a normal guy eating differently without causing arguments and stuff, i don't hate you lol!

0|0
    0|0
  • cos some of the vegans are literal memes, with how extreme they are. they also have this preachy attitude and they shame meat eaters for doing something that's so natural.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not a realistic diet in general

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Vegans typically dont last long, vegans want it to be known and brag that they dont want this and that,
    They can come off as annoying when they trying to school you with whats processed and stuff.
    I dont hate them they trest it like a religion.

1|0
    0|0
  • no way! it is a you vs. me subject though. people that eat meat will think you'll judge them, so it's a bit uncomfortable.

0|0
    0|0
  • Need more context. You might have a funny face or something.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because that's all they talk about. Is how they are vegan, then talk down to the rest of us for not eating grass.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont... i just dont care... eat what ever you want as long as its not me or someone i like

0|0
    0|0
  • You need more pre-teens in your life.

0|0
    0|0
  • they are weirdos.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes