Does Indian food give you diarrhea?

I love Indian food don't get me wrong but the diarrhea is always brutal, sometimes I have to sleep in the bathtub when I eat it for dinner. It made it easier to take a shower in the morning, but sleeping in the bathtub is not ideal. It is also embarrassing having to sleep in isolation from my wife and kids when this happens. Does this happen to you as well?
For those asking or wondering: I had butter chicken, kebab and garlic naan with ras malai for dessert.

65

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope but I can handle the spices and flavors really well so that's just me

Most Helpful Guy

• If it had a lot of turmeric in the curry, be aware that turmeric can cause diarrhea and also trigger GERD attacks. It doesn't happen to me since I try to avoid curry.

• isn't turmeric supposed to be healing and good for you?

• In general, yes, (predominantly from the curcumin acting as a possible anti-inflammatory), but there are side effects in some people.