McDonalds is now taken over by machines, do you like this change or do you wish it went back to the way it was?

The human element is being taken away and these machines take longer than it does to order with a cashier. Also, it's not my job to order my own food. That's what they are paid for. So unless McDonalds starts paying their customers for having to use those machines, don't expect people to use it. Everyone I see in

McDonald's sees the machine and grunts or frowns, and when they learn that they can still order it from the cashier they cancel and go to the register.
  • I like automation, it's easier and I don't have to talk to people as much.
    Vote A
  • I hate this shit. It's too complicated and takes too much time. I have to bring the receipt to the front anyway, they might as well just the my order.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I'm surprised people like this shit... I want to just destroy these damn machines...

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like seeing these jobs taken by machines, and I would rather order from a person. The only thing I get from McDonald's is the $1.00 coffee but they are nice to me there.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It's the same as the automated check outs we have in supermarkets here.

They rarely work properly and almost always take longer. I'm in your camp, Rex.

0|3
    0|0
    • Walmart always was bad at checkout line even before implementing the self checkout.

• I like that it helps keep their food cheap, that it ensures my order is accurately put in (because I put it in), and I don't have to deal with some surly, most teenager earning minimum wage with no work ethic.

This isn't a restaurant I go to for service. If that's what you want, go somewhere where you have to tip. You quite literally are getting what you pay for at McDonald's.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• If you dont like it now just wait , machine's will become the wave of the future. Now at least a human is monitoring the service.
    Robots will take that position in the next 5 years. Automation is coming so learn how to make it work for you to give You quality of life and happiness.
    Good day Citizen.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think I’ll do a better job at getting my order correct. They need to create robots to cook it too.

0|1
    0|2
    • Now you’re thinking. Fuck people’s right to earn an honest living

• Show All
    • Yeah. Who wouldn’t love to work at McDonald’s. Such a dream job serving assholes everyday.

• I don't really give a good god damn, I just go there for the slushies. I love slushies! :3 so yummy!
    xx
    ~ Marilyn Manson's Little Cum Slut

0|1
    0|1
  • It is slower then ever at Mc Ds.

0|1
    0|0
    • It used to be you paid for your coffee the girl behind the counter turned poured & gave it to you in less time then it took me to key this in. Last time I went it was 5 minutes or more just to get my coffee.

What Guys Said 10

• Conservatives in ny state predicted that this is why would happen if ny increased to minimum wage for fast food works. The left scoffed and ridiculed and called them names.

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm going on a limb and saying that if anything, this proves the lefts point that capitalism is all about profit and less about the employee/customer.

• Your limb is breaking. Don't fall. When the state decided to increase minimum wage by 100% within five or so years they had to take action to stay in business. I for one don't want to ay $15 for a fast food sandwich, fries and drink just o a governor can win votes

• But won't people lose their jobs, though?

I know it's a minimum wage job anyway, but any job is better than no job.

0|1
    0|0
    • That's why they are doing it. Maximize profit

• Show All
    • Them you realise there are jobs to keep them matianed and check on them it's one job for another so don't really matter.

• @Kaneki05
      Not really as such. It still results in less jobs available.

• Damn, that was faster than expected. I thought it was at least a few years off.
    This is the future we are leading to, and if your skills aren't up to date, you will become obsolete.

0|1
    0|0
  • I hate the autmation. I didn't ask for it. Send it to the river.

0|2
    0|0
  • We should put a law in place limiting the amount of self service checkouts in stores. Not against them but they take away jobs from base level work, which we need more of.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it, also one day everything could all be mechines then humans get super easy work or no work.

0|0
    0|0
    • But why do you like it? Help me understand. Because I genuinely am angry this is happening

• Show All
    • Maybe one day you find them easy to use and be used to them, cause the first time i saw them i never used them and i found them annoying but know i go in and use them easy and takes me about a min to order it and then a min to get it. Also you can denfintley not disagree with that the food comes faster. Plus maybe diffrent if you go to a mcdonalds in town or a place where lots of people go, cause the mcdonalds i go to is normally quite and not near anything that people go to.

• It definitely takes longer. I see it every time I go to one, which is less and less often now.

• Option B. I

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m very shy so I love them

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate McDonald's dont walk into them

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheaper food.

By using machines, you don't have to pay cashiers. Keeping food, cheaper

0|0