McDonalds is now taken over by machines, do you like this change or do you wish it went back to the way it was?

The human element is being taken away and these machines take longer than it does to order with a cashier. Also, it's not my job to order my own food. That's what they are paid for. So unless McDonalds starts paying their customers for having to use those machines, don't expect people to use it. Everyone I see in

McDonald's sees the machine and grunts or frowns, and when they learn that they can still order it from the cashier they cancel and go to the register.
  • I like automation, it's easier and I don't have to talk to people as much.
  • I hate this shit. It's too complicated and takes too much time. I have to bring the receipt to the front anyway, they might as well just the my order.
I'm surprised people like this shit... I want to just destroy these damn machines...

512

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like seeing these jobs taken by machines, and I would rather order from a person. The only thing I get from McDonald's is the $1.00 coffee but they are nice to me there.

Most Helpful Guys

• It's the same as the automated check outs we have in supermarkets here.

They rarely work properly and almost always take longer. I'm in your camp, Rex.

• Walmart always was bad at checkout line even before implementing the self checkout.

• I like that it helps keep their food cheap, that it ensures my order is accurately put in (because I put it in), and I don't have to deal with some surly, most teenager earning minimum wage with no work ethic.

This isn't a restaurant I go to for service. If that's what you want, go somewhere where you have to tip. You quite literally are getting what you pay for at McDonald's.