What are some famous French meals?

I'm literally French but I don't know what French gastronomy really consists of. Like bakery yes we're the best at it and we have a huge variety of products, but for meals like what do we eat for lunch or dinner... I don't know. I love cooking shows though, but I just see mixes of vegetables and some meat not something specific and particularly famous that my ~100% French friends pull out everyday at lunch.
I was born and raised in France but my parents aren't and so I usually eat traditional food from their country or Italian, Mexican, Asian food you know the famous stuff.

So what are the everyday French meals you know of?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Chicken! The French are masters at flavorful roasted chicken... coq au vin!

1|0
    0|0
  • The usual would be: Quiche, Frog Legs, Onion soup, lava cakes etc.

0|0
    0|0
    • Nobody eats frog legs

• Escargot, some beef stew kinda deal, ask your friends what they are having.

• @Shimy frog legs are awesome. You just have to be careful that they dont jump out of the pan.

Most Helpful Girls

• Boeuf bourguignon, blanquette de veau, ratatouille, raclette, fondue, cassoulet, coq au vin, crêpes, salade niçoise, confit de canard...
    To everyone who thinks we eat snails and frogs: we don't.

2|1
    0|0
    • Woah, woah, woah! Raclette and Fondue is Swiss. Don't be appropriating our cuisine. We barely have any unique dishes as it is already 😂 Jokes aside, you folks have some of the best cuisine in the world, right next to the Italians and Greeks

• They got nothing on the britts... mmm bangers and mash😂😂

• Crepes, coq au vin, ratatouille, bouillabaisse, quiche (quiche Lorraine is SO good!), duck confit and soufflé

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• Isn't it all just stew dishes and soups followed by elaborate deserts?

1|0
    0|0
  • Wine, French bread and slugs my education on this is limited to cartoons

1|0
    0|0
  • French toast, french fries french sandwitch... Jkjk

0|1
    0|0
  • Snakes? Or was it Snails? Either way it's disgusting...

0|0
    0|0
  • Poulet basquaise par exemple

1|0
    0|0
  • Royale with cheese.

0|0
    0|0
  • creppes?

0|1
    0|0
  • Chicken cordon bleu

0|0
    0|0
  • French fries

0|0
    0|0
  • Baguette? I don't know

0|0
    0|0
  • The French surrender for breakfast.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just know french fries

0|0
    0|0
  • french fries LMAO

0|0
    0|0
  • French chicken

0|0
    0|0
  • You look like French fry

0|0
    0|0
  • Ratatouille. so good they even made a movie about it. ;)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• Franchement j'en sais rien. C'est vrai qu'il n'y a pas un truc qu'on mange et qu'on associe directement à la France. Je pense que votre cuisine elle s'inspire un peu de tous les coins du monde, jusqu'à en perdre votre identité propre. Vos plats n'ont rien d'extraordinaire ou d'atypique je trouve, c'est ce que tout le monde mange partout dans le monde, et que tout le monde prépare sans se casser la tête. (Steak frite, pâtes, crêpes, salade...)

1|0
    0|0
  • Macaroon, le beignet, le baguette with stuffings or whatever French people put in it. Also le beignet is an kinda African but Americans and French are stealing it so why not.

0|0
    0|0
  • These sweets, the macarons and also baquette... I have heard they have some meal with frogs too

0|1
    0|0
  • French fries?
    I type on Google famous French meals and there was a lot of them

0|0
    0|0
  • Steak Tartare.
    Moules mariniere.
    Beef bourguignon,
    Escargots.
    Foie gras.

0|0
    0|0
  • Escargot? Quiche Lorraine?

0|0
    0|0
  • Did you forget the famous Croissant?

0|0
    0|0
    • As I explained, I'm talking about famous meals not pastries.

• Oh okay. I don't really know that much about meals in France. I was there but not in Restaurant

• ESCARGOTTTTTTTT

0|0
    0|0
  • Croissants lol

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes