Why do vegans/vegetarians make imitation meat?

I have nothing against people who don’t eat meat. To each is own. I hope you’re happy 😃

However... when I see things like vegan meat products and dishes... I get a little annoyed 🙂
Because I happen to see it all of the time with the people I know.

I understand the reasons why one would not eat animal based products. I get it. It just seems a little hypocritical and phony when I see this ridiculous shit😶

“I don’t want to eat a bunny, so I’m making a fake bunny”

You see the problem here?😂
COMMIT TO THE FUCKING LIFESTYLE!!!

YOU GAVE IT, YOU STICK WITH THAT DECISION 🙂

Don’t try to pull some bs shortcuts. You eat yourself a damn salad and stick with that.

“I ran out of stuff to eat, I just wanted more diversity”

You lost the right to say that when you gave up meat. No excuses.

“Oh I like the flavor of chicken but I don’t like the idea of killing animals”

That’s like... the fakest bullshit I’ve ever heard. They don’t want to feel guilty or unhealthy, but they somehow want to reap the benefits of animal flavoring 😐 stfu, and eat your salad. PLEASE.

(Just ranting, I know vegetarians and vegans eat more than salad 😂)Why do vegans/vegetarians make imitation meat?Why do vegans/vegetarians make imitation meat?

813

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm not a vegan or vegetarian.
    I eat meat. I occasionally kill a chicken or pig and have gutted many fish for my meals.

In fact, vegans or vegetarians who choose not to eat meat - and eat fake meat instead - because they can't kill an animal are a thousand times more true to their principle than Meat eaters who eat and love meat but when you tell them to go kill and animal, they can't do it because they're quesy and don't have the courage to take the life of the animal they end up eating.

• I get it. But I still think their reasoning is bullshit

• An alternate idea: maybe the vegetarian fake meat products are more for the benefit and satisfaction of folks who cannot eat meat due to dietary or health restrictions such as Crohn's disease or hypertension, high blood pressure, cholesterol issues, or heart problems.

I have a cousin who was told by his doctor many years ago to stop eating red meat but once or twice a week or he was gonna die. Also, an old friend of mine has Crohn's and she can almost never eat meat due to an inability to properly digest it. These are two folks who often take advantage of vegetarian fake meat products.

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m a vegetarian. And the reason why we eat it is because we like the taste of meat. But we can’t have it. So we have fake meat to replicate it. We know when we eat fake meat it’s not a real animal, so it gives us comfort, plus it has a lot of nutrition.

• I already addressed that argument in the description

• You are an asshole because you’re telling me what to eat. Why do you have a problem with my diet? It has nothing to do with you. Focus on your own diet and stop telling people what they can and cannot eat. It’s disrespectful.

• I’m not telling you what to eat😐 I’m giving my opinion about your diet.

There is a difference.
      You don’t have to change your mind for me. I’m not asking you to. Take what I say with a grain of salt and keep it pushing 🤷🏾‍♀️

I don’t have a problem with veganism or vegetarianism.

I just find hypocrites to be annoying.
      I am around a lot of hypocrites. Therefore I am annoyed consistently... and that’s why I posted the rant.

If you’re offended...👀 I don’t know what to tell you.
      Report me or something.