Why do vegans/vegetarians make imitation meat?

I have nothing against people who don’t eat meat. To each is own. I hope you’re happy 😃

However... when I see things like vegan meat products and dishes... I get a little annoyed 🙂
Because I happen to see it all of the time with the people I know.

I understand the reasons why one would not eat animal based products. I get it. It just seems a little hypocritical and phony when I see this ridiculous shit😶

“I don’t want to eat a bunny, so I’m making a fake bunny”

You see the problem here?😂
COMMIT TO THE FUCKING LIFESTYLE!!!

YOU GAVE IT, YOU STICK WITH THAT DECISION 🙂

Don’t try to pull some bs shortcuts. You eat yourself a damn salad and stick with that.

“I ran out of stuff to eat, I just wanted more diversity”

You lost the right to say that when you gave up meat. No excuses.

“Oh I like the flavor of chicken but I don’t like the idea of killing animals”

That’s like... the fakest bullshit I’ve ever heard. They don’t want to feel guilty or unhealthy, but they somehow want to reap the benefits of animal flavoring 😐 stfu, and eat your salad. PLEASE.

(Just ranting, I know vegetarians and vegans eat more than salad 😂)Why do vegans/vegetarians make imitation meat?Why do vegans/vegetarians make imitation meat?

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm not a vegan or vegetarian.
    I eat meat. I occasionally kill a chicken or pig and have gutted many fish for my meals.

In fact, vegans or vegetarians who choose not to eat meat - and eat fake meat instead - because they can't kill an animal are a thousand times more true to their principle than Meat eaters who eat and love meat but when you tell them to go kill and animal, they can't do it because they're quesy and don't have the courage to take the life of the animal they end up eating.

0|0
    0|0
    • I get it. But I still think their reasoning is bullshit

• An alternate idea: maybe the vegetarian fake meat products are more for the benefit and satisfaction of folks who cannot eat meat due to dietary or health restrictions such as Crohn's disease or hypertension, high blood pressure, cholesterol issues, or heart problems.

I have a cousin who was told by his doctor many years ago to stop eating red meat but once or twice a week or he was gonna die. Also, an old friend of mine has Crohn's and she can almost never eat meat due to an inability to properly digest it. These are two folks who often take advantage of vegetarian fake meat products.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m a vegetarian. And the reason why we eat it is because we like the taste of meat. But we can’t have it. So we have fake meat to replicate it. We know when we eat fake meat it’s not a real animal, so it gives us comfort, plus it has a lot of nutrition.

0|1
    0|0
    • I already addressed that argument in the description

• Show All
    • You are an asshole because you’re telling me what to eat. Why do you have a problem with my diet? It has nothing to do with you. Focus on your own diet and stop telling people what they can and cannot eat. It’s disrespectful.

• I’m not telling you what to eat😐 I’m giving my opinion about your diet.

There is a difference.
      You don’t have to change your mind for me. I’m not asking you to. Take what I say with a grain of salt and keep it pushing 🤷🏾‍♀️

I don’t have a problem with veganism or vegetarianism.

I just find hypocrites to be annoying.
      I am around a lot of hypocrites. Therefore I am annoyed consistently... and that’s why I posted the rant.

If you’re offended...👀 I don’t know what to tell you.
      Report me or something.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Because its a social situation, peer pressure, it helps them to not feel out left out with their choice. But its the little things that help to make a commitment not as bad

0|0
    0|0
  • HOW DARE YOU? Dont insult vegans... The more plants they eat the more meat there is for us , (i had to do it) . They're try hards at trying to be different... One way is to go vegan but still eating meat (fake)

0|0
    1|0
  • Lots of vegetarians don't use or make imitation meat. However, if they do, there is nothing hypocritical about trying to make something appeal to people.

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
  • Okay so.

I like the way meat tastes. It fucking good. I didn't eat meat for a while, I did it fake stuff for a while, why? because it tasted like the shit i couldn't have.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow, good question. On the flip side meat eaters don't make imitation tofu 🤣

It's probably so they can try to guilt/tempt people into eating alternatives to meat. Just a marketing scheme.

0|0
    0|0
  • Meat tastes nice but they hate how they are treated but I say buy from locals there treated 100x better

0|0
    0|0
  • To me, they just want the best of both as possible which is not surprising as we humans always strive to reap much benefits as possible while minimizing the drawbacks but I do have a issue when they make animal shape cookies 😑 just really but fake meat its okay cuz meat do taste fucking amazing so I can't blame them but it is kinda hypocritical.

@Ellie-V , you should check cultured meat though as the brilliant scientists are trying a mathod to make real meat with killing animals, they take the cells from the animal and feed the cells with protein which soon forms a tissue, pretty amazing if you ask me.

0|0
    0|0
  • They won't eat anything with a face on it they want to be super-healthy

0|0
    0|0
  • Lost love of sweet, sweet chicken!

0|0
    0|0
  • Good question

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• I don't get your stance at all. I think it is completly valid for someone to like the taste of meat but not wanting animals to be killed. What's wrong with a meat like Produkt? Let people eat what they want.

0|0
    0|0
    • I’m not stopping anyone. I’m just sharing my opinion.
      You may think it’s valid, but I disagree and I already explained why

• "Commit to that fucking lifestyle" sounded like you care a bit to much. I know you just shared your opinion. And I just shared mine

• Eh... I don’t really CARE. I just get annoyed when I see it as often as I do.
      “Let people eat what they want to eat”
      Nothing about what I said is going to change anyone’s mind, nor am I trying to. So like I said, it’s just an opinion.

• Probably because vegan meat products are versatile. Like animal meat.

They have a wider choice of recipes to make if they include vegan meat products in to their diet. For example; Spaghetti Bolognese just wouldn't be the same without mince meat. So they can cook spag bog with vegan mince.

If they didn't include vegan meat in to their diet , they'd be more limited as to what they can eat.

Vegans can actually like the taste of meat and even miss eating it at times. But their strong willpower stops them from eating animal products. So they substitute animal products with vegan products. Which is great if they are totally against eating animal products.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, I'm sure there's a reason to it though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cuz they wish they could have meat

0|1
    1|1
  • Just to get a feel that they are eating meat.

0|0
    0|0
  • And why you care if they do lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I also don't understand this

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes