At what point would you consider someone an alcoholic?

Asking as i pour another...
  • 3 Glasses of wine a week
  • 1 Glass of wine a day
  • 1 Bottle of wine a day
    Vote C
  • 3 Bottles of wine a day
    Vote D

149

Most Helpful Girls

• 3 bottles of wine a day
    I did put on the poll 1, but in that case all my family are alcoholics as most of them drink about a bottle daily 🙈 only in the evening with a meal watching the tele though and they function fine.

• Lol yeah a bottle with evening meal is fine especially if shared between 2/3/4 people it’s about a glass each.

• one bottle is, 3 glasses?
      so say someone has 3 glasses at evening with there meal.

• Nooooo one bottle is like 5 glasses (normal glasses lol). One bottle each is about the upper limit I’d think, most peoplle will start feeling it if they drink more than that.

• based on your poll I chose D but in actuality, its when it starts to impact their social, romantic or work life.

Most Helpful Guy

• If somebody 'needs' a drink on a constant, ongoing basis, and wouldn't be able to stop drinking on a whim, is my personal definition.

I used to have a drink every day pretty much, but my gal barely drinks at all, so I have that example at home, lol.

I used to find, if I had beer in the fridge, then I'd tend to drink it, so last summer, I decided to stop putting it in the fridge, and hey presto - I've entirely stopped drinking at home. It was that simple.

I still drink at the pub, but that's a couple of times a week on a normal week. I can also go in the pub, and not drink. I doubt an alcoholic would feel able to do that.

So I voted D. I think people can put back a bottle of wine a night, and just stop if they want. Not everybody, mind. But I doubt that would be possible on three bottles a night...