I‘m a vegetarian & i‘m meeting my boyfriends‘ mom for the first time. how do I tell her I don’t eat meat?

it’s such an uncomfortable Situation for me. my boyfriends‘ mom invited us over for dinner and i‘m meeting her for the first time tonight. and i‘m literally so scared of how i should tell her i can’t eat the meat? he knows that i‘m vegetarian but I don't know if he told her... what’s the best way to tell her without being rude or offending her?

14

Most Helpful Girl

• I would ask him if he told her. Don't wait until you're already there, because she'll have already bought the supplies for dinner and likely started preparing it by that time. A vegetarian guest requires preparation.

Most Helpful Guy

• Talk to the b/f to make sure he's looped her in. For goodness sake do not leave it until you get there. Make absolutely sure. Or be prepared to partake whatever is served without complaint or comment.