Today is National Cheeseburger Day! Would you pay $200 to try this 50-pound cheeseburger?

At the Clinton Station Diner in Clinton, NJ, they serve a 50 lb hamburger. It's called the Mt. Olympus and it costs $202.95. If you and 4 friends can finish it in under 3 hours, the diner says they will pay you $1,000. Would you do it? Is it even possible?
Today is National Cheeseburger Day! Would you pay $200 to try this 50-pound cheeseburger?
#NationalCheeseburgerDay

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• No, I wouldn't. $50 to fuck my health over. I tried the hot peppers back in college to see if I could do it (habenero, ghost pepper, moruga scorpion), and I did. But man today.. No thanks. Not worth fucking your health over for "achievement points" or showing off to friends Especially if you have to pay for it.

0|1
    1|0
  • Hell yes I'd just bring my niece as she is like a bottomless pit. I say that in a good sense other than when she gets bored and empties the fridge as something to do. XD. But thats what happens when you got a metabolism that is like 3x what it should be.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• No. I wouldn’t.

I struggle to eat a normal size burger in one sitting, but portions like this make me angry. Think of the waste. And even worse, people in this world are struggling to eat and drink and others are gorging themselves for fun? I just find it all a bit too faced. The west is too fat but they challenge themselves to be fatter while the 3rd world countries watch their children die from lack of food...

0|0
    0|0
  • I love burgers, but, that's just ridiculous. That's more bread than a burger, for one, and, secondly, I could pay 200 bucks and get multiple different awesome burgers. So, in short, no.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 82

• I could eat 10 pounds in 3 hours.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would rather kill myself than try that junk. You have to try Serbian "Pljeskavica" it's way cheaper than for example any stupid burger from McDonalds and Burger King and you can put whatever you want in Pljeskavica. You have big and small Pljeskavica and average price for small one is around 1.2e while for a big one is around 2e.

0|0
    0|0
  • We have a similar challenge with a 72 oz steak and about 8lbs of potatoes and salad at a a place called The Big Texan in Amarillo Texas. One person eats it. Has a shooting gallery.

https://www.bigtexan.com/

0|0
    0|0
    • As for the Burger Challenge, I’m completely stuffed on a Whataburger Single Chesseburger, so I’m certainly not eating a 50lb burger unless someone else is eating 49 1/2 lbs of it!!!

• nope.
    friend tried one of those "burger challenge" things at a restaurant at the DIXIE GRILL IN HONOLULU, hawaii. he didn't finish and had to pay full price. unfortunately, the meat was bad and he was sick for days.

yet another reason to consume within reason:
    www.usatoday.com/.../

0|0
    0|0
  • No, emergency room visit costs at least that much (I can't expect insurance to pay if I end up in the emergency room because I purposely attempt a dangerous challenge). Net loss

0|0
    0|0
  • Ha. This is definitely something I would NEVER attempt to try. First... I don't like cheese. Second... I can't eat anything fast due to food getting stuck in my throat. My throat would literally explode

0|1
    1|0
  • A 50 pound $203 cheeseburger? To rephrase the question, "Do I want to spend $203 to eat maybe 10% of a thing (with 4 friends helping) and then waste about $180 of that by throwing the other 90% into the garbage?" ... sounds like a bad deal to me. If I managed to eat 10 pounds of cheeseburger, my $200 cut of the prize wouldn't make up for just how sick I'm going to be afterward.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I wouldn't pay. I'd eat about 1/50th of it and call it a day.

0|0
    1|0
  • No. I am calorie conscious. Also due to gout, caused by my former obesity, i stopped eating red meat. That is way too much food. Also, i'm not in the US.

0|1
    1|0
  • it doesn't even look appetizing, waaaaaay more bun than there should be to make a good burger. it's almost a "where's the beef" moment.

1|0
    1|1
  • The heartburn would probably literally kill me.
    And considering your stomach can roughly only hold 15 pounds of food without bursting, id take a hard pass.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not usually a big fan of beef. Put chicken and fish, or maybe lamb in there, and then my answer would definitely be "maybe".

0|0
    1|0
  • can definitely do it with a few big eaters, it also says if 10 people finishes it in 1 hour the diner will pay $5,000

0|0
    0|0
  • I would definitely like to try a few bites of it but I wouldn't participate in that challenge... I mean, each person would have to eat 12.5 lbs of it...

0|0
    0|0
    • Actually, reading the way it is written, each person would have to eat 10lbs (you & four friends, five total people). Regardless, 10 or 12.5, I'll still pass. And, if that's an actual picture of it, there is WAY too much bread, not sure it would be possible. But...

• Oh sorry, I thought it was 3 friends, four in total, my bad...
      I agree, that is way too much bread...

• I would never pay that much for a burger, I could make that burger myself for less. But the challenge does seem fun, it would be a fun thing to try with friends and see if you could win it, if not at least you tried

0|0
    0|0
  • That is far too much bread for that bun in the photo... lessen the amount of bread a bit and you have a deal... I love hamburgers!

0|1
    0|0
  • I allways wondered why a lot of Americans are so fat... a national day for cheeseburger!!! A 50 pounds cheeseburger !!! Seriously?

1|0
    1|0
  • For $202.95 you can bet I’m getting more tattoos worked on; not eating a burger, LOL. 🍔

1|0
    0|0
  • Googled images of it not possible - That is 10 lbs of meat without counting the bun and extras - Those eating challenges are designed not to be beaten

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know many people that can eat 12.5 pounds of meat in 3 hours not to mention the accoutrements. In fact I don't know if it's possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • No... too much breath and too expensive.

Otherwise that’s about ~4lbs an hour? It’s possible I guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love burgers! I'm definitely underestimating it but I think I could do it with some other fat friends

0|0
    0|0
  • You might have been able to convince me to do something like that in my 20s, but not today.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd rather wait for ''world hunger day'' - and spend 20 $.

0|2
    1|0
  • No because 1. The bun to meat ratio is incorrect and 2. I wouldn't be able to finish it so it would probably be a waste of money.

0|1
    1|0
  • I'd do it. That's 5 people. That's $40 per person. 10lb of each. $4 per lb. That's not bad. Hard part is getting 4 friends.

1|0
    0|0
  • If all 4 of my friends and I went in on the bill and they serve beer too I would like to give it a shot.

0|0
    1|0
  • No, it's too big for me, I would spend money and I wouldn't be able to eat it completely.

0|0
    0|0
  • Broke college student here. If I some how ended up with one I would sell it for money lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Because I know I will try to finish it and will regret it later.

0|1
    1|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 42

• I’d finish it. @Legatelanius @topaz171 @james_mark @evilangel114 y'all gone help?

0|1
    0|0
  • So at best, I would make $250 and feel sick for three days. Not likely.

1|1
    0|0
  • Maybe if it were me and 200 friends I'd go for it but if 5 of us have to eat 10 pounds of beef each, Umm No.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but I'm going to make my own cheeseburger later on!

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t even try that if i was paid $200 with so gross

0|1
    0|0
  • I feel like me and 4 of my guy friends could, lol.
    But I wouldn't because $1,000 ÷5
    & I know I'd only take 2 bites.

0|0
    0|0
  • No those calories would go straight to my thighs and I'd probably gain like 5 pounds

0|0
    0|0
  • No lol that’s like 50% bun.
    Gotta have more burger than bun

0|1
    0|0
  • I think I've put my body and wallet through enough trauma foe one lifetime.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why does every day have to be national something day? That ruins the purpose of it being a national day.

0|0
    0|0
  • hheck no. Poor women. Also I perfer eating healthy so they might not have what I want lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol sure! Me and my dad my two fat uncles could do that no problem!

0|0
    0|0
  • sure if I wanted to increase my risk of heart disease

0|0
    0|0
  • No I but I should maybe buy myself a cheeseburger from McDonalds

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not possible. Maybe possible if everyone's willing to purge..

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope I don't think so it just like any other cheese burger but just big in size and cost more

0|0
    0|0
  • cheeseburger is the worst burger flavour. i would rather have a salad

0|0
    0|2
  • No, I value my life and body lol

0|1
    0|0
  • If I had 10 friends to share it with, maybe

0|0
    0|0
  • Don’t like burgers so nope.

0|1
    0|0
  • I definitely would not. I'd rather make my own. :)

0|1
    0|0
  • No that shit is a rip off, it's like 70% bread

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't even eat it if they paid me $200.

0|0
    0|0
  • Uh no I would cut up each slice and share..

0|0
    0|0
  • Noope

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I don't eat animals

0|0
    0|0
    • But what about animal's in Africa that would eat you in a heartbeat?

• @Iron_Man well, they've evolved to do so. I'd stay away from them. We, on the other hand have developed tools and weapons to kill an animal prior to eating it. It's not natural for a homosapien to hunt and kill as we haven't evolved with sharp cutting claws etc

• Then what are we supposed to eat soybeans? Eat what your forefathers ate beef

• Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Eww, no I would not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Haha. Nope. That’s instant winner of more fat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes