What’s a good meal to make when you’re on a budget?

Ok so, money is a little tight at the moment, and I REFUSE to get fast food with it. What’s a good wallet friendly meal to make with only $10-15?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Pasta is always cheap. Pasta sauce, onions, garlic and mushrooms. Itiallian sausage or ground beef is good but adds a few bucks.
    Curry can be cheap and easy too. Chopped chicken breast, onion, coconut milk and curry paste. Put it over rice and you’re good to go

1|1
    0|0
    • So like coconut curry chicken? That’s sounds really good!

• Get an onion, garlic, a can of San Marzano tomatoes, a link of Italian sausage, a box of pasta, and a small block of Parmesan Reggiano cheese.

That’s a great and inexpensive meal. Let me know if you need some cooking instructions.

1|1
    0|0
    • That actually sounds pretty good! But can I substitute the sausage? My mom can’t eat it.

• It’s good vegetarian. Or bake it and serve it on the side. Or use a portobello mushroom instead.

Most Helpful Girl

• How about golosh or American chop suwi whatever you call it ,

If you don't know what it is , corn , mushrooms (or skip if you don't like it ) elbow and sauce, hamburger or sausage

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• A quesillo. It doesn't take much. Just buy a tortilla and a cheese. Fry the cheese and place it over the tortilla, then you roll it.

Is not a 100% quesillo but it should work. If you have extra money you can buy roman salad, cut a roman salad leaf in small peaces and place it inside the tortilla (roll it with all and the cheese).

An original quesillo should look like this:

1|0
    0|0
  • That doesn't seem a tight budget for one meal. Buy pretty much whatever you want, salmon and spinach with avocado is a decent healthy meal. Or buy pasta and garlic bread and eat for a week.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do a nice chicken creol Alfredo pretty cheap. $1.25 a pound if you make the Alfredo with cream. Just watch you don't cook it tell it separates like curds and wey.

1|0
    0|0
  • Crack 2 eggs with pita bread and chicken with soda mwah delicious

1|0
    0|0
  • Just make what I ate tonight! Burritos! 😁 They're cheap, tasty, SUPER easy to make AND healthy (depending on what you put in them). You could feed an army a load of burritos for $10-$15! lol I just make my own refried beans (you can use meat too), and then just put whatever you like in them. I personally like lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado (or guacamole), sour cream (I actually use plain yogurt), salsa, and hot sauce. If you get creative with them you can put whatever in them to suit your tastes (be creative!), which is the genius part of them. There are tons of things you can put in them to appeal to just about anyone. 🙂

1|0
    0|0
  • Some salads or something vegetarian, such as a veggie pizza

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what you already have, I try to get non-perishable foods on sale and look for sales on meat and vacuum pack it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Go to the cookwithcampbells. ca website, they have plenty of recipes on there that are quick, simple and under $15 budget friendly.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hash browns are a great meal, cook them with sausage, egg, avocado, and cheese

1|0
    0|0
  • Eggs are cheap. You can make them many different ways. Add in sausage, ham or bacon

1|0
    0|0
  • Baked beans. Highly nutritious, and will the whole week. I can send u my recipe.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ramen is the ultimate if you are on a budget!

1|0
    0|0
    • As a college student, I highly agree lol

• Show All
    • Ohhh that and coffee is pretty much how we survive lol

• The two main food groups as far as I'm concerned.

• homemade Chinese fried rice

0|1
    0|0
  • Tacos or burritos

1|1
    0|0
  • Ramen noodles

1|0
    0|0
  • hot dogs, mac and cheese, hamburger helper. pasta.

1|0
    0|0
  • chicken curry and rice

1|0
    0|0
  • Ramen and some basic spices will go a long way.

I actually made gumbo today using some $3 bratwurst, beef ramen, and my trusty spice rack.

1|0
    0|0
    • You can also build a potato box. cdn.goodshomedesign.com/.../...-Garden-Ideas-9.jpg

• I’m sold, I’m gonna build a potato box next season

• @NovissimumVirorum That one is a very inexpensive setup, I chose to make one side of the box (The one I harvest from) using latch-and-locks instead of screws. That way you don't have to unscrew it each time, just remove the lock and flip the latches off. Costs more but saves time.

• Maybe vegetable soups or chicken salad, pasta is cheap just like noodles

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Ramen saves the day,
    breakfast, lunch and dinner the ramen is a dreamer

1|0
    0|0
  • Hot dogs or tacos lol

1|0
    0|0
  • You can make chicken and rice, or maybe spaghetti.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tuna fish cassarole loll

1|0
    0|0
    • Wait nvm! Ok so the best thing u cn do is make sonething big that may last u a few days and putthe rest in the freezer to save it. Like soup, spaghetti, etc. Just big meals u know. U might not like putting stuff in the freezer nd it might not be as fresh but ur saving money👍

• Smoked sausage and white rice.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes