What is this kitchen tool?

I bought this a while ago at a flee market and I have yet to figure out what it is...What is this kitchen tool?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a steamer basket. You place it in a pan with a small amount of boiling water in the bottom of the pan and you use it to steam vegetables or fruit. It will work for thin fish fillets as well.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• Yep. Vegetable steamer. I have one just like that one. It's great because it fits any size of pot. There is a little tool that slides into that little slot at the top of the peg in the middle that helps to pull it out of a hot pot without burning yourself, but I just used a hot pad (sometimes no hot pad) and a firm grip. lol

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s to steam stuff
    So you basically use a pot and put a little bit of water. Put that steamer inside. Put in the veggies. Close the top. And let it steam 😛
    Make sure not to use to little water so it doesn’t evaporate completely and burn your pot

0|0
    0|0
  • vegetable steamer.
    open it, put veggies in, close it, place in pan w/water in bottom, turn on the heat. there are spacers on the bottom to keep it up off the bottom of the pan/pot.

0|0
    0|0
  • I THINK it's a drain sieve. You put it into the hole in your sink (plug hole lol),. and if you're washing really dirty plates, it's designed to prevent the solid stuff (meat, vegetable, rice scraps etc) from going down and eventually blocking the drin pipe. Failing that,.. if it's bigger than that, it MIGHT be a scalable vegetable steamer bowl for traditional saucepans. I only suggested TWO ideas because your picture doesn't help me get an idea of the scale of the item. How big is it? Oh and it might also be a tea-bag receptacle,.. I dunno,.. You work it out. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Seriously? How do you have a notion that it's a kitchen apparatus if you have no idea what it is?

0|0
    0|0
  • It looks like a collapsible colander, great for taking camping as it doesn't take up much space.

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks like something you use to plug a drain with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Steamer

0|1
    0|0
  • it is for steaming veggies.

1|0
    0|0
  • It is a steamer.

0|1
    0|0
  • A vegetable steamer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Steamer

0|0
    0|0
  • Steamer.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Its a steamer... its a cool little tool to use.

0|0
    0|0
  • Drainer?

0|0
    0|0
  • It goes in the drain

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes