What do you think about my pet plant chilly pepper and my sage plant?

I got the chilly pepper some 15-20 days ago and you can see in the pics I took today some of them are becoming bright red already, I think this is a jalapeno chilly pepper but I will post pictures on another site and ask there as well, if someone here knows is it jalapeno feel free to give your opinion please. I think it is a really cool plant to be honest and I hope I will get another type of hot pepper in the future, this one is really small round shaped, like a berry, and also bright red. You can see on the chart that jalapeno is kind of low on the Scoville scale.

The Scoville scale is a measurement of the pungency (spiciness/heat of pepper) of chili peppers, or other spicy foods, as reported in Scoville Heat Units (SHU), a function of capsaicin concentration.

The sage plant I brought as just three little branches some 4 or 5 years ago and I planted it in my backyard. The picture here is taken this spring and it is not showing it well but it is a really huge sage bush now. It smells really really nice and is very useful.

Both plants have many different healthy and useful properties and uses

sage plant
sage plant

Updates:
this pepper is hot enough, just by my taste, I tried it yesterday with my makaroni sa sirom
chilly pepper

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Sure looks like a jalapeno pepper to me. And it's a pretty plant too.
    Sage looks good too. Which species/type of sage do you have?

0|1
    0|0
    • I really don't know, I know there are more than one type of sage, I will have to look it up, it is one of the ones that are typical for this region

• It is "Salvia pratensis" most likely, or the "meadow sage" in English

• Beautiful plants! Those are jalapeños.

0|1
    0|0
    • Either that or Serrano. It’s hard to tell.

• Show All
    • I mean is it more than once a year

• I’m not really an expert. I just know because I eat jalapeños all the time. But the way they’re growing in a bunch like that make me think it’s serrano.

Most Helpful Guys

• It looks good. Plant and grow more stuff. Nothing feels better than the small (and big) things we make on our own.

0|1
    0|0
    • It is a real good feeling, there are other things I planted in my yard like apples, pears, hazelnuts and a few more as well. Yes I intend to do so!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes