What do you think about my pet plant chilly pepper and my sage plant?

I got the chilly pepper some 15-20 days ago and you can see in the pics I took today some of them are becoming bright red already, I think this is a jalapeno chilly pepper but I will post pictures on another site and ask there as well, if someone here knows is it jalapeno feel free to give your opinion please. I think it is a really cool plant to be honest and I hope I will get another type of hot pepper in the future, this one is really small round shaped, like a berry, and also bright red. You can see on the chart that jalapeno is kind of low on the Scoville scale.

The Scoville scale is a measurement of the pungency (spiciness/heat of pepper) of chili peppers, or other spicy foods, as reported in Scoville Heat Units (SHU), a function of capsaicin concentration.

The sage plant I brought as just three little branches some 4 or 5 years ago and I planted it in my backyard. The picture here is taken this spring and it is not showing it well but it is a really huge sage bush now. It smells really really nice and is very useful.

Both plants have many different healthy and useful properties and uses

sage plant
sage plant

this pepper is hot enough, just by my taste, I tried it yesterday with my makaroni sa sirom
chilly pepper

22

Most Helpful Girls

• Sure looks like a jalapeno pepper to me. And it's a pretty plant too.
    Sage looks good too. Which species/type of sage do you have?

• I really don't know, I know there are more than one type of sage, I will have to look it up, it is one of the ones that are typical for this region

• It is "Salvia pratensis" most likely, or the "meadow sage" in English

• Beautiful plants! Those are jalapeños.

• Either that or Serrano. It’s hard to tell.

• I mean is it more than once a year

• I’m not really an expert. I just know because I eat jalapeños all the time. But the way they’re growing in a bunch like that make me think it’s serrano.

Most Helpful Guys

• It looks good. Plant and grow more stuff. Nothing feels better than the small (and big) things we make on our own.

• It is a real good feeling, there are other things I planted in my yard like apples, pears, hazelnuts and a few more as well. Yes I intend to do so!