Why don’t people cook this day in age?

Aren’t people aware that if you cook with fresh ingredients instead of going to McDonald’s or Taco Bell is better for you? And with practice will taste a thousand times better? Seriously why are young adults so lazy?
I want to marry a female chef.
A study shows that people who exercise and live healthier life styles make way more money that people who don’t. On average of course. That’s not to say that there’s fat dudes in their 40s or 50s aren’t making big bucks. But times are changing. You need to be full of energy and competitive to survive in today’s world

3054

Most Helpful Girls

• People are aware of the benefits of cooking, but Take out and fast food is just more convenient.
    Young adults typically live alone for a bit once they’re out in the world. Not everyone knows how to cook great meals and not everyone has the time to learn. Young adults are either in college or working... sometimes both. Ramen and Taco Bell may not be the healthiest but it’s fast, available, and (relatively) cheap. I’m a young adult, fortunate enough to not have those problems. But not everyone is me.

• People don't have time because of work and busy life styles. Theses days people are working all hours of the day and night but back a couple years ago we didn't have this issue because most worked normal 9 to 5 hours but the big businesses are trying too hard to compete with each other and getting greedy so they want their staff to work stupid hours for shit money so they can get more work out quicker rather than treating the staff like real human beings and letting them have a normal lifestyle we're their able make dinner for themselves and loved ones and place their cooking knowledge down to the younger generations

• Pass* not place

• Well what would you rather me say?

• Whatever you want

Most Helpful Guys

• It's not just eating out. There has been a massive change in our culture in regards to cooking. From the dawn of time, the world over has always been a society that used to depend on and cook for ourselves (for that's all we had). But now there are literally thousands of prepared foods at our fingertips whenever we go to the grocery store.

People are now choosing prepared foods for convenience over taste and quality for their meals. This epidemic has now become so normalized it's become generational. It never used to be like that years ago when everything at the grocery store was (mostly) fresh, individual ingredients you bought to create your own meal.

With the busier lives many people live today, a lot of people have chosen prepared meals or eating out instead of cooking for themselves. It's a shame. Sadly, cooking is becoming a dying art form. An art form that not only allows you to eat much better quality food and live a healthier life, but to also save (a lot of) money and learn important life skills like patience, self-reliance and dedication towards yourself.

Sadly, this dying art form is exactly what big food companies want. This didn't happen because we asked for it, it was designed by big corp for us to buy into it. Make no mistake. They are only trying to get you on the prepared food treadmill for life. Once you're hooked, they get to sell products to you and make money off of you forever. That's why there are literally aisles upon aisles of freezers and fridges for prepared foods at the grocery store today. Let alone all the rest in all the other aisles. Cooking for yourself is not just a matter of health, economics and self-reliance, but also a choice of whether or not you want to buy into big business's plan to make money off you for life.

Every choice we make is just that: a choice. I choose to prepare my own meals. It's what I grew up with and it is what I was taught growing up (thanks so much, mom!). I get to eat meals that are delicious, prepared fresh by me, I know what goes into them, how sanitary it was prepared, I save money and it tastes the way I want it to. Every time. After all, to have a real meal like your mom or grandma used to make, if you're not going to learn to make it for yourself, who the heck will? It's up to YOU and the choice is yours. 😉

• If cooking and getting fast food/cooking a frozen meal in the oven/microwave took the same amount of time, people without a doubt will likely prefer to cook a meal at home since it's the healthier alternative as you stated! One of the biggest problems here is that time is not of the essence for a lot of people, especially those who work long hours throughout the week. The other issue is that cooking requires preparation, cleaning and patience which a lot of people aren't either motivated to do or are purely lazy wanting instant gratification like eating a frozen meal or going out to eat. You'd think people would cook more often because it's a lot cheaper in the long run than ordering out/purchasing frozen products all the time but so many of them prefer to invest their time in something else like video games, sleeping, watching tv, doing their hobbies and such.

It probably doesn't help that these fast food restaurants and other frozen meals are so heavily advertised because they are taking advantage of how convenient it is to order food from them without spending an excessive amount of time doing the unnecessary work that could be avoided by just ordering from them (Instead of washing dishes, you throw the bag/case out. Instead of preparing the meal beforehand, the meal is already made for you. You get the picture!). I wish people were more motivated to cook and I'm glad a lot of people here are doing so already but with a generation that's getting lazier and unmotivated by the day, it's difficult to get them inspired to create new recipes, let alone anything that requires too much work.

• Update:
      Do it! I've never once heard of anyone who didn't like to have a cook around whether if they were simply friends, family member or a significant other! It's also a fun way to spend time together if you both want to try out new recipes together!