Do you believe in the 5 second rule?

Do you believe in the 5 second rule?

69

Most Helpful Girl

• Long as the floor has been cleaned. 🤷
    Besides, I have one of the strongest acids in the world in my stomach, if I can't handle a few germs, what can it do?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, but only at home. I trust my floors are clean enough to lick. Why? Because I do all the cleaning myself and know I sweep and mop every other day.

• yes! but not if I drop it somewhere outside or really dirty.

• No if my food falls down it's next house is the garbage not my stomach.

• Sometimes

• I never eat food that falls on the floor.

What Guys Said 8

• No. I pick stuff off the floor after more than 5 seconds. Scientifically it takes about 0.0005 seconds for food to get bacteria on it, so saying 5 seconds is some magic limit is pretty silly. Eat it. A bit of crap cleans the stomach, we say in Sweden.

• Nope. It's been scientifically shown that transmission of bacteria and viruses is instantaneous. Sadly, there is no 5 second rule. I will on occasion, but it's a risk. Never from the floor though.

• Well no it's proven that 1000 to 8000 bacterias transfer instantly when the food hits the floor and no matter how "clean" those floors are, so you can bet that there will get bacteria on the food.

• A bit of dirt does you no harm. I'm happy to leave it more than five seconds.

• I never eat food that falls on the floor. It’s just gross. 🤢🤮

• No. As soon as it hits the floor, bacteria are all over it.

• it's a scientif ic fact, not something one chooses to believe in or not.

• Nope. I'm all set