Vegetarians, does the smell of meat cooking or cooked meat gross you out?

Just curious if the smells of meat make you wanna throw up. How does the smell make you feel? Nauseous, grossed out, etc.
  • No
    Vote A
  • Yes
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It varies from veggie to veggie.
    People who made the switch recently usually don't mind the smell much as they still assossiate it with food.
    Those of us who have been vegetarian for years and years often are not as keen on the smell though.
    For me it's essentially the smell of death and my assossiations are more similar to those of a morgue...
    As you might imagine the smell of what's essentially corpses isn't exactly appealing...
    Not eating meat we're also more sensitive to some of the smells of meat that meat eaters just don't notice much they eat so much of it...

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not fully vegetarian, but I avoid red meat as much as possible (sometimes my poverty means turning down free food, which I'm less likely to do if hungry).

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• my closest friend is a vegetarian. she became vegetarian not long before we met in 10th grade (so about in 2015). all her life she never cared for meat very much. these days the smell doesn't bother her at all. Nor does seeing someone eat meat bother her. But she about threw up one time when she realized some Chinese food she got had some meat chunks and she chewed some.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• I'm not one but I developed a hate of smell of burgers and sausages. It makes me gag. Probably some vegans or vegetarians are the same.

1|0
    0|0
  • When you stop eating meat, your senses become very receptive to the aromas of animal fats and spices in meat. Meat is very pungent.

1|0
    0|0
  • I knew a vegan that would want to vomit at the smell of meat cooking. She called it the smell of death.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I am vegetarian on medical grounds. I used to eat meat before.

1|0
    0|0
  • smell of meat doesn't affect me but of raw fish gross me out and I can't withstand that

1|0
    0|0
  • Kill some human close to you and then try to eat him/her

0|0
    0|0
  • I heard of a girl who said so actually.

1|0
    0|0
  • Can vegetarians still eat animal crackers?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I believe it would gross them out.

1|0
    0|0
    • It does for some of us.
      However it kind of depends.
      People who just turned vegetarian usually don't mind because they still assossiate the smell with food.
      It's us who have been vegetarian a while and who have lost that connection in our brain that don't like it at all (to put it mildly)...

• Yeah.
      I think the motivation might also play a role.
      For me it's animal welfare and animal rights.
      Someone who is motivated by enviromentalism might feel differently from me.

• Most of the time the smell is bad. Its not very bad tho. Just not my type. However i really like the smell of shashlik. Smells delicious.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes