Vegetarians, does the smell of meat cooking or cooked meat gross you out?

Just curious if the smells of meat make you wanna throw up. How does the smell make you feel? Nauseous, grossed out, etc.
  • No
  • Yes

310

Most Helpful Guys

• It varies from veggie to veggie.
    People who made the switch recently usually don't mind the smell much as they still assossiate it with food.
    Those of us who have been vegetarian for years and years often are not as keen on the smell though.
    For me it's essentially the smell of death and my assossiations are more similar to those of a morgue...
    As you might imagine the smell of what's essentially corpses isn't exactly appealing...
    Not eating meat we're also more sensitive to some of the smells of meat that meat eaters just don't notice much they eat so much of it...

• I'm not fully vegetarian, but I avoid red meat as much as possible (sometimes my poverty means turning down free food, which I'm less likely to do if hungry).

Most Helpful Girl

• my closest friend is a vegetarian. she became vegetarian not long before we met in 10th grade (so about in 2015). all her life she never cared for meat very much. these days the smell doesn't bother her at all. Nor does seeing someone eat meat bother her. But she about threw up one time when she realized some Chinese food she got had some meat chunks and she chewed some.