What is one food item that other people are missing out on, in your opinion?

Doesn't necessarily have to be from your own country, it could be something you tried abroad.

I'd say that people are missing out on our sweets, like Bengali sweets are just legendary... and another item in my opinion is Peking roast duck. Some people say I'm exaggerating maybe because the day I tried it I was very hungry and tired but... IT WAS SO GOOD.
Updates:
Some of the suggested foods sound so good! Man I wish I could break into your houses and say I'm here to eat, don't call me an intruder keep some good halal food ready for me I AM COMING xD

3|3

Most Helpful Guys

• Doener Kabab!

But.. specifically the Doener in Germany. You know how Mexican food served in America is really American food, because they took mexican food and adapted it for the American market?

Same happened here. The turks took their food and adjusted it to fit the tastes of the german market, so its not authentic doener at all... but its incredible

1|0
    0|0
  • Well since you had that picture of tacos I'm gonna say lengua, which is Spanish for cow toung. A lot of people for some reason are turned off by it but done right it's pretty awesome. That's basically how I judge a Mexican restaurants authenticity.

1|0
    0|0
    • Picture of taco? Then I didn't add it. We do cook cow tongue here as well even though I never ate it because I don't eat beef (for medical reasons) but I'm told that it's good. Goat brain is yummy. XD

• Show All
    • Food related *

• Gotcha, I 99.9% of the time use the app but am aware that the website has more features and I always figured that one of them was the ability to post a topic photo but not have it in your question but what you said makes more sense.

Most Helpful Girls

• Peking roast duck is good.
    Though I feel that most people should also try prata.
    I love roti prata, or roti canai, as so called in Malaysia.

1|0
    0|0
  • Exotic fruits and vegetables ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿฅฅ๐Ÿ๐Ÿฅ’๐ŸŒถ
    Cause all these are beneficial and helpful. That some are grown or only available in certain countries I wish exotic food grew everywhere ๐Ÿ˜Š

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 40

• Horse meat.
    I think anyone who prefers filet mignon to fatty beef cuts like ribeye would like horse meat.
    It is by far the best lean meat I had.

1|2
    0|0
  • 1|0
    0|0
  • Vegetables, I think in the age of fast food no-one can fully appreciate how good veggies are. Brussel sprouts, zucchini, and baby spinach are my favorites to cook with.

1|0
    0|0
    • Vegetables don't taste bad, we just cook it the wrong way. I eat veggies like crazy if the dish is good.

• I hear you on that but some people see the word vegetable and immediately get turned off of it lol.

• Wild mushrooms in America because most people only take them to get high, or they're not trained enough to not eat poisonous ones.

1|1
    0|0
    • Didn't a cookbook get banned because of that?

• I think it was an Asian recipe. Some mushrooms are identical to ones from Asia, except in America they kill you.

• I don't know the name... it was some sort of desert

It had fruits such as grapes (black +green), strawberries, dates, mangoes, kiwi, etc... and a variety of nuts and raisins and some sweet (it was spongy and soft... much like Rasgulla but a flattened version) and for the finishing cream ๐Ÿ˜

It looked magnificent, and tasted divine ๐Ÿคค๐Ÿ˜‹

1|0
    0|0
  • Well soups and even sweets are often overlooked. We have Indian sweets, Caribbean, Other Asian sweets, Arab so on and the food is just a mixture if different cultures which is great #TnT

1|0
    0|0
  • Chinese Roast Duck <3
    Tikka masala
    Seafood paella

1|1
    0|0
  • Kipper Snacks. Love em. But they're kinda expensive.

1|0
    0|0
  • Czernina xn--ogrodnikwpodry-xob60t.pl/.../DSC_4940.jpg

Duck or goose blood soup, known variously as czarnina (char-NEE-nah), czernina and czarna polewka, is a Polish favorite that originated as a way to use up every part of a slaughtered duck or goose. Czarnina gets its name from the Polish word for "black" -- czarny -- referring to the soup's dark color. It is typically made with duck or goose blood, dried fruits, and vinegar which prevents the blood from clotting, giving it a sweet-sour flavor, much loved by Eastern Europeans. In the past, unsuccessful Polish suitors would receive czarnina from the maiden's parents to let them know their advances were not welcome.

0|0
    0|0
  • Blood soup (Vietnam) or vegetarian Kimchi (Korea).

1|0
    0|0
    • Blood soup? :o that's probably not halal if it is actually animal blood.

• It is animal blood. The veggie kimchi is halal, though.

• Anything vegetarian, vegan or seafood is halal as long as alcohol is not used in cooking.

• I don't know what that thing is but I like the one in the middle

0|0
    0|0
  • Pholourie, not many people know how good bread can be.

0|0
    0|0
    • What is it?

• Fried spiced dough balls with sauce on the side. I like mango or tamarind sauce with it. Usually a finger food, I have never seen any kind of bigger sized one. Trini version is the one I love the most, not sure if it's done differently anywhere else.

• I'd love to try it!

• Fresh food

1|1
    0|0
    • True af I really love food and other items when they come from the countryside and they are very organic and natural. Rice, fruits, vegetables, honey, oil and even meat from animals that are well-fed and raised by farmers and not like abused with lack of care and given fattening steroids.

• Im the same. But if you live in the city you'd have no choice but to eat proccessed food because healthy food aren't affordable

• I live in the city but sometimes we get natural organic stuff from out village like from our rice field and fruit trees back there.

• Squirrel. Squirrel brain especially is very nice.

1|0
    0|0
    • I am from Kentucky, so that should explain it.

Everyone I have given squirrel to has liked it. It is fried like chicken.

I haven't given squirrel brains to anyone from the city. How it is eaten goes like this. The heads are fried whole. I first pull the jaws apart and eat the tongue, then pull off the cheeks and eat those. I take the back end of a knife to crack to the top of the skull, there is a joint line to split. Then I pull it apart. The brain is about the size of a walnut. I understand how not everyone would want to try it, but it really is good.

• Now I am getting hungry. It is squirrel season too.

• Avocado

1|1
    0|0
  • Doritos dipped in ice cream

1|0
    0|1
  • Chinese dumplings... omg

1|1
    0|0
  • Lingonberry jam

1|0
    0|0
  • Fish and vegetables , they are so underrated

2|0
    0|0
    • I catch and eat fish all the time, catfish is my favorite.

• Homemade broccoli casserole

1|2
    0|0
  • Caspian Sea Beluga Caviar.

1|0
    1|0
  • Irish brown bread or scones hot from the oven.

1|0
    0|0
  • Rye. It's a good source of fiber.

2|1
    0|0
  • Laksa noodles

1|1
    0|0
  • Dried seaweed , itโ€™s a good snack.

2|0
    0|0
  • Pupusas

1|0
    0|0
  • Europeans are missing out on Mexican food

1|0
    0|0
  • I think people miss out on egg plant sandwiches.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 23

• Sardines! I'm from new england and seafood is a big thing around here, but I'm surprised how many people in my generation (I'm 20) don't like seafood!! My dad grew up eating sardines from his dad, who did it from his dad and so on, I always had a can of these in my house. To me. They are amazing!! The meat is tender and the flavor is strong. I always like eating them on a cracker or even making sandwiches with them. To me, it's like eating a stronger tasting smelt. Its a required taste lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I tried Peking duck I didn't like it. I think people are missing out on coconut milk lmao. In tanzanian cooking we use coconut milk for everything and it's delicious.

1|0
    0|0
    • But I loved it! Peking duck was probably the best part of my stay in Beijing, besides climbing the Great Wall.

I would love to try some Tanzanian dishes. Dishes from African countries look so mouth-watering lol

• Anyone that isn't eating Avocados is missing out soooooo much!

1|0
    0|0
  • Pierogies, Tikka Masala, Sushi, and REAL soul food.

1|0
    0|0
  • Baby Pidgeon. I had Stuffed Pidgeon out in Egypt. xx

1|0
    0|0
  • Sondesh ๐Ÿ˜โค๏ธ

I would say it's pani-puri / phuchka

2|1
    0|0
  • Filipino food most people have never tried it and they use everyday items like beef and chicken.

1|0
    0|0
    • They even have very yummy snack foods and they are made fresh usually.

• I wanna try out balut tbh cause why not ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Lumpia is soo good, its like a comfort food. There is also Pamano that is a fish stew, there are a lot of veges in it and it is great with rice and then there is Chicken adobo that stuff is soo good. They have these Rice cakes that are a bad word in Spanish which is Puto which mean little rice cakes in there language, then there is bebinka and halo halo.

• Dรถner Kebab, Ayran (a plain yogurt+salt+water drink) and Tavuk gรถฤŸรผsรผ (the desert type, basically like pudding and real bits of chicken) is so underrated in places other than Turkey itโ€™s seriously delicious.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lutenica

1|0
    0|0
  • Bread cuz everyone is so afraid to eat carbs nowadays

1|0
    0|0
  • Vegan/Vegetarian meals.
    A lot of creative delicious meals.
    I honestly prefer vegan meals though.

2|0
    0|0
  • Mexican tacos. Also, biscuits and gravy. They are my weakness.

1|0
    0|0
  • Teriyaki chicken <3

1|0
    0|0
  • Okra

1|0
    0|0
    • I love okra! I even ate raw okra before (like literally picked it out of its plant in our little veggie field and washed it ofc) and I liked the taste actually.

• Gumbo <3

0|1
    0|0
  • Egg on pizza ๐Ÿ•+๐Ÿฅš=๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ˜‹

2|0
    0|0
  • Peanut butter on a banana

0|0
    0|1
  • Hot cinnamon buns, yakisoba & halloumi ๐Ÿ˜Œ

1|0
    0|0