Are you supposed to drink something with tea?

So I got tea for my first time and I just used water and honey and it tastes horrible. Are you supposed to use something else or is it supposed to taste like that?

318

Most Helpful Guys

• It depends on what you like. There are lots of types of tea so you might not like them all. Then people add all kinds of stuff like milk, sugar, honey, mint leaves, lemon, an apple slice etc.

• Oh okay I just got an herbal lemon tea because I'm getting sick and can't afford to get sick and want to fight off the sickness. And it tasted gross so I thought I made it wrong because it didn't say how much water to do or anything haha

• Well the more water you use the weaker the tea's flavor. Just try a bunch of different ways and you might find one you like lol

• Ohhh okay thank you

• Most people brew it way too strong, and then drown it in milk and sugar. I have found that using the same process as I use for CHINA teas is best.

Brew in a teapot. Warm it first. Put tea in pot. Just cover with almost boiling water. Swoosh it round for about 10 seconds. Pour away water. Refill potvwith water, and let it brew to how you like it. Drink with or without a slice of lemon.

The first small amount of water is called "washing" the leaves. It gets rid of all the tanic acid (?) that stains teacups.

It should be leaf tea, as well, like Assam, Darjeeling, or any China, Formosa, or similar. Make Chai, too! 7

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I lovedee tea.
    It depends on what flavor you get.
    Use sugar and lemon.