Are you supposed to drink something with tea?

So I got tea for my first time and I just used water and honey and it tastes horrible. Are you supposed to use something else or is it supposed to taste like that?

0|3

Most Helpful Guys

• It depends on what you like. There are lots of types of tea so you might not like them all. Then people add all kinds of stuff like milk, sugar, honey, mint leaves, lemon, an apple slice etc.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh okay I just got an herbal lemon tea because I'm getting sick and can't afford to get sick and want to fight off the sickness. And it tasted gross so I thought I made it wrong because it didn't say how much water to do or anything haha

• Well the more water you use the weaker the tea's flavor. Just try a bunch of different ways and you might find one you like lol

• Ohhh okay thank you

• Most people brew it way too strong, and then drown it in milk and sugar. I have found that using the same process as I use for CHINA teas is best.

Brew in a teapot. Warm it first. Put tea in pot. Just cover with almost boiling water. Swoosh it round for about 10 seconds. Pour away water. Refill potvwith water, and let it brew to how you like it. Drink with or without a slice of lemon.

The first small amount of water is called "washing" the leaves. It gets rid of all the tanic acid (?) that stains teacups.

It should be leaf tea, as well, like Assam, Darjeeling, or any China, Formosa, or similar. Make Chai, too! 7

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I lovedee tea.
    It depends on what flavor you get.
    Use sugar and lemon.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• I have milk too and have honey and boiling water and I love it! That is for black tea. I like herbal teas and green teas too but I don't have anything with them, just boiling water. Also I take the teabags out

0|0
    0|0
  • I drink sweet tea , so... yeah
    But I do like hot tea , usually earl grey with two sugars or same for English breakfast blend

0|0
    0|0
  • I like Tea with Lemon and sugar substitute. I do prefer ice tea with lemon but the caffeine -free diet.

0|0
    0|0
  • What kind of tea?

If you drink green tea, just drink it on its own. With some English chocolate. The two flavours complement each other so well. You'll be transplanted to a place of heaven. Tea is a bit of an acquired taste. But you'll soon grow to love it. When you become a tea drinker, it's when you will finally become a woman.

But yeah, sorry, back to the flavours. You have to decide what do with it depending on what it is. Black/Earl Grey tea is bitter, that's why English people put milk and honey on it. Or honey.

Then there's all the fruity girlie bollocks. I mean, put what you want in that. It'll still taste awful.

But green tea is perfect. How do we know it's perfect? It doesn't need anything added to it to soften it, make it more drinkable. It's just perfect as it.

Let me know if you need any more tea related advice.

0|0
    0|0
  • I drink tea without extras, but for many it really depends upon the type of tea. Black teas if allowed to steep too long can be really harsh.

0|0
    0|0
  • You are too young to put something in your tea that really makes it better so ask me in 3 years

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha I don't do alcohol. I've tried it a couple times and it wasn't really worth it.

• Honestly I don't drink that much just a certain wine lol

• Oh haha nice! I just have a lot of stomach problems and find that alcohol doesn't really help with it haha

• You made tea leaves in water and honey!..
    Haha.. You fucked up!.
    I make tea daily and it's so good!.. I am fucking addicted!.

The thing is you don't boil tea in water!..
    Or maybe just 1 cup of water!.

I will tell you my recipe!..
    First take Milk in a boiling container!.
    Boil it until its warm,
    Take milk amount of as much tea you want!
    After milk is warm!.
    Add tea leaf powder,. It depends upon the kind of stuff you use!. Around a table spoon!.. You will need practice with it get
    The big grains give taste! Small grains give color!. We buy both and make a mixture!.. And use it to make tea..

After the tea is boiled in milk add Ginger to it finely crushed.. Let it boil until you get the perfect texture.. Which is like color or skin of Pitzi or like a potato skin!..
    Then add Sugar as much you want to make it sweet..

And along with ginger you can add,
    Cinnamon, Clove,
    Cardamom depending upon the flavor you want.. And
    That's it..

0|0
    0|0
    • Sounds a bit like Chai!

• @dogbert444 it's Chai!.
      There is No difference,..
      It's called Tea in English!.
      There is are many ways to make it..
      Brew it with water..
      Don't add milk..
      And add honey after it has cooled down..
      @asker must have added honey in warm tea..
      That is why it tasted like crap.
      Honey get denatured with heat and is useless.. And tasteless

• I like Chai without milk. Just the spicy tea.

• Your experiment sounds like my first (and only) mistake with apple juice and milk. The look of it mixing should have already rung my bells... 😅

0|0
    0|0
  • you can ad butter as they do in Nepal or just ad rum for healthy benefits

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends if the tea is herbal tea or not, if it's black tea you can add milk or sugar, if it's herbal tea just add water

0|0
    0|0
  • You can put creamer and sugar or milk in it.. but you don’t have too

0|0
    0|0
  • its not how you make a tea xD

at least the tasty one yay (do you want to know the recipe?)

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tea with cinnamon sticks and sugar

0|0
    0|0
  • You can try condensed milk with black tea.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some tea is better with cream and sugar

0|0
    0|0
  • Milk and sugar

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Use lemon and honey with a tiny bit of sugar my favorite type is chamomile or green, also rose

0|0
    0|0
  • You drink TNT with tea

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes