Does looking at food make you decide what your having next to eat?

Food photography is tough if you dont stage correctly. Does looking at food make you decide what your having next to eat?Does looking at food make you decide what your having next to eat?Does looking at food make you decide what your having next to eat?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• Quite a bit. Here in Japan it's popular for many restaurants to show pictures next to the food, as well as fake food in a glass display like this:
    cdns.klimg.com/.../...-makanan-sungguhan-rev-1.jpg

Or this:
    c8.alamy.com/.../...d-display-with-hand-M11RE0.jpg

And I always found that helpful in guiding my choices. But sometimes the photography is rather amateurish in local restaurants (bad lighting, not the greatest presentation) and it doesn't detract that much in my opinion. I just find the picture helping me because a picture is worth a thousand words.

Sometimes if the dish is only described verbally, then I feel like a lot of information is absent about what it might be like, and sometimes order it and it looks completely different than how I imagined (maybe even cooked differently than how I imagined). With photos I don't get disappointed that way.

• Visual is a lot in selling desserts here in yhe US as well
      Doing the same effect with wax, samples because they dont visually deteriorate as real products do.

• Or French type -- like foie gras and filet mignon:
      www.jamesbeard.org/.../Kirkman-5-7-15.jpg

I like this much better if I spend hundreds of dollars for steak dinner. :-D

• Girls dont like chewing on a date and these particular types of beef will desolve with a couple of chews

Most Helpful Girl