Why they call it rootbeer when there's no acohol in it?

*Why do they call it root beer when there's no alcohol in it?*

15

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe its because they both have something similar about them. How they both can be bottled, then left to set for days or even weeks until its ready. How they both sometimes need like a Bug (Active ingredient) And yeah, I think thats how root beer got its name.

Most Helpful Guy

• When you square-root beer, you get a plus or minus, and it's the minus that effectively negates the alcohol content that's in it. But nevertheless, that's how the name came about. True story.

• Good logic. But it means that one needs to drink at least two. Right?