Why are vegans against dairy products?

I understand that vegans are against meat because it's killing animals. But what about dairy products? Why do they think it's cruel? No animal is harmed for cheese or milk?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• You should seriously educate yourself on the dairy industry. I'm not even vegan and I agree that it's a cruel and inhumane industry that has completely abandoned the idea of animal welfare. Not only do milk cows have to live in enclosures so small that they can't even turn around, they are also forcefully impregnated and their calves are taken away from them at a way too young age.

2|2
    0|0
    • Well I actually agree that it's cruel, and I also agree that the way farmers slaughter cows is really unhumain. That's why I think hunting is a more merciful and quick death to the animal. Also it's even better than the natural death since most animals die from diseases and suffer for a long time

• Then why ask this question?

• I agree that slaughtering them is cruel but taking milk isn't that cruel

Most Helpful Guys

• Why: Tha main reason is that they don't know what to do with their own life; so they meddle with others' lives - which includes animals. In return, they feel more intellectual which raises one's self esteem in general. It is a self centered process.

0|1
    1|0
  • I am not 100% sure about that one but I think the claim is the dairy is artificially produced to make these products - Again not a 100% sure but I think in nature all a cow would produce is enough to feed its calves.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• here's a good explanation
    https://youtu.be/UcN7SGGoCNI

1|2
    0|0
    • Well I know it's cruel but you do realise that we need milk and cheese? We can't just survive with vegetables

• Show All
    • We are no predators.. We have no claw.. No real canin.. We are slow, and weak. LOL.
      Our teeth resemble omnivores. Because they are flat.
      And our jaws can move from left to right, just like a a deer etc.. They need it to chew grass and herbs better.

• But vegetarian animals like deer can't eat meat, I bet they would die if you force them to eat meat. There is creatures that can eat and vegetables at the same time. Like cats for example they eat meat and vegetables. So do dogs. Also primitive human naturally made tools to kill animals. Humans are special because they have mind and that use intelligence to kill animals. But primitive humans were actually stronger and had more muscles because of hard life so they could have killed animals by hitting and wrestling. Just like some gladiators killed lions

• Milk is worse than meat in my opinion. Just look it up way to hard to explain.

0|1
    0|0
    • You mean in taste? I never drink milk lol just as cheese

• Show All
    • I do agree with hunting since most of those animals are naturally over populated. I especially fucking hate gators please someone kill more of them there to scary

• Don't worry about that haha, if you really fucking hate them, I would enjoy taking some of them down, as long as you'll let me BBQ some gators after hunting lol

• Maybe because cows are very mistreated in general. However, I’m not sure how they aren’t against fruits n vegetables. I mean... these plants get chopped down, picked, and genetically modified all the time. It’s just cruel...

0|0
    0|0
    • But plants dont feel emotional /physical pain. Thats the difference..

• But animals don't feel phisical pain too. It's just one minute when their throat is cut. They don't suffer for a long time. They die before they even realise the pain.
      Also eating just vegetables isn't healthy since you also need meat

• The dairy industry is extremely cruel and dairy is not meant for human consumption.

0|0
    0|0
  • Milk cows are constantly impregnated over and over again then quickly their offspring are taken away. Cows have emotional bonds and will have fits when theyre seperated. They are milked until their utters are chafed and bleeding.

There are ways to humanely have a dairy cow, but that also means putting out less product.

1|2
    0|0
    • Do you realise that if we set these cows free to the wild they will get more diseases? They will die from diseases or by a predator. It's called "circle of life"

• Show All
    • I don't understand, do you support meat or are you a vegan😂 I'm confused

• I ask again, where did I say To not have domesticated livestock or not to eat meat? Otherwise, gtfo

What Guys Said 9

• Not eating dairy has nothing to do with harming animals. They don't eat dairy, because they believe it's a healthier way to eat. And studies show that a vegan diet, properly done, is very good for the body.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are mistreated even if they in the dairy section

0|1
    0|0
  • The thing i don't get is how they cannot allow milk and egg, but wool, fur and leather clothing is totally fine.

0|0
    0|0
    • Many vegans don't wear fur or leather. Some still wear wool since a wool sheep HAS to be sheared fod its health, so why not use the wool if it had to come off anyway. However there is discrepancy with HOW shearing is done.

• Show All
    • @bang678 They do? How can they know? Have the video tracked every part of every chain?

• There have been multiple documentaries on it. Previous employees of different farms have been honest about it. You can do your own research for yourself.

• on most dairy farms they take the café away from the mother so there would be more for people

0|0
    0|0
  • Couldn't care less. I love meat and milk.

0|1
    1|0
  • Because they're stupid

0|0
    0|0
  • The meat and dairy industry are intricately link.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's considered an animal byproduct kid.

0|0
    0|0
  • You cannot ascribe logic to the actions of vegans

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes