Why are vegans against dairy products?

I understand that vegans are against meat because it's killing animals. But what about dairy products? Why do they think it's cruel? No animal is harmed for cheese or milk?

611

Most Helpful Girl

• You should seriously educate yourself on the dairy industry. I'm not even vegan and I agree that it's a cruel and inhumane industry that has completely abandoned the idea of animal welfare. Not only do milk cows have to live in enclosures so small that they can't even turn around, they are also forcefully impregnated and their calves are taken away from them at a way too young age.

• Well I actually agree that it's cruel, and I also agree that the way farmers slaughter cows is really unhumain. That's why I think hunting is a more merciful and quick death to the animal. Also it's even better than the natural death since most animals die from diseases and suffer for a long time

• Then why ask this question?

• I agree that slaughtering them is cruel but taking milk isn't that cruel

Most Helpful Guys

• Why: Tha main reason is that they don't know what to do with their own life; so they meddle with others' lives - which includes animals. In return, they feel more intellectual which raises one's self esteem in general. It is a self centered process.

• I am not 100% sure about that one but I think the claim is the dairy is artificially produced to make these products - Again not a 100% sure but I think in nature all a cow would produce is enough to feed its calves.