Is my food presentation gettting better?

Thats red wine lol
Thats red wine lol
6d
That’s rice lmao

3645

What Girls Said 36

• No, your carrots look sweaty, your mash looks too wet... wtf is going on with that gravy? The only thing good on that plate is the meat, it would have been better if you served it up by its self on a paper towel.
    Leave the sandwich making AND the dishing up to us girls.

• 6d

I love sweaty carrots. Whats wrong witb carrots being a little sweaty. 🍽

• 6d

Your "Jalapeño cheddar burger with cilantro and home made fries" looks good.

There I said a nice thing. Be happy. Most people get much less than that.

• 6d

Rice, an interesting choice for the meal. I applaud AwoleCook for thi King outside the kitchen.

• It's fine.

If I may recommend few tips it would be:

1) use utensils for plating instead of pouring the food in specially the gravy.
    2) wipe at least an inch off the edges of the plate after assembling
    3) use soup bowl to press the rice in then flip it in the plate

Check food photos online and think what makes a dish better visually instead of the next one.
    Gravy dropping from one side looks better than a pool for example.

• No offense but that sh%t looks nasty 😂😂😂
    Cmon now... you’re better than this... I’m just going to assume you’re trolling.

• 6d

Update: I saw the #foodporn
      Ummm... you missed the mark sweetie but that’s okay. You’ve done better. If you wanna see real food porn, you should check out Almazan Kitchen channel on YouTube

• 4d

What do you mean "nasty"? The photo is low quality, and the lighting sucks - but the meat is perfect medium rare beef, quality meat even; the carrots appear to be in good condition too - not too hard, but not too soft either; the sauce is a bit lackluster, but it's just the natural juice of the meat; and rice is pretty hard to fuck up.

So what exactly is "nasty"?

• Yes it is
    U have meat
    U have mashed potatoes wish is made from dairy and potatoes
    U have carrots which is a veggie

• Yes, did you cook all that yourself?
    Also by any chance do you watch master chef lol - a lot of the cooks improve their presentation and you can see the progress - it might help.

• 6d

I’ve seen a couple episodes. I’m working on watching videos with actual instructions. But like I told someone else. I’m focusing more on my steak cooking abilities more than anything else.

• 6d

Good. I love cooking for other people.

• 6d

I love people cooking for me, this could work well

• The second one looks way better. But if you’re going for presentation... try putting them delicately on a plate instead of piling them on one plate. And maybe switch the plastic cup for a wine glass?

• The lighting is all wrong. You need a soft, "authentic" lighting. I think that would change everything

• I eat rice as an Asian but that is no no. Usually Asians eat rice with 7 side dishes including something not meat!

• 5d

What kind of Asian?

• 4d

@jimyee steak rice and carrots is a Japanese dish

• 4d

Rice, root vegetables, and A protein is not a native dish to anywhere. It is just a generic dish. I'm not saying that the Japanese wouldn't eat rice, carrots, and steak, im just saying that a shit ton of other cultures do too. It's not something like teriyaki which is native to japan.

• I think that you're a great cook but maybe the presentation will be a little better with the steak sauce on the side in a really small cup or something. Know what i mean? Keep it up☺☺

• Still looks disgusting to me, don't @ me.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

• Not really, if I had bought this at a restaurant I would have said it looked like my 10-year old cousin arranged it. The ratio of rice to steak is off, if we are looking at this professionally. When I go to a restaurant and order steak with rice or something like that, I expect there to be more meat on my plate than is in that picture, I understand this is probably just a meal you made yourself but if you’re planning on having people judge you about it, maybe imagine how you’d make it for a food critic

• I'd use mostly the center of the plate rather than adding too much food. And try not to use flash light for food photos

• Man, I'm hungry now lmao.
    It looks really good by the way.

• Where's the food?

• 6d

Shut up

• 6d

No shit? Wow, thank you for explaining this to me, I would have never guessed.

• 6d

No problem

• Maybe a garnish on the side and on the rice should be parsley

• If you are looking for fancy plating dont try and lump everything together. As a person who works in a retraunt, having all the food touching in my opinion doesn't look all that great. If you are looking to make it look more proffesional Try putting the potatos in more of a circular mound and the meat layed out layering itself like it was just cut. The gravy with the consistency it tends to be would do better in a small bowl or a pitcher off to the side unless it is to be included in a bowl pf potatos (a hole in the center of the mashed potatos.) But then again if its just for serving people at home it should be fine. Good luck!

• 5d

Where are the potatoes you reference?

• 5d

@podski111 sorry i reread your post i mean rice 😅

• 5d

I was only jesting... I know what you meant. It was only carrot or rice.
      Maybe should have chopped the carrot and mixed with the rice and some oyster sauce on toast with cheese melted over the top.

• Honeslty, I feel like you are trying. Look up pictures of food and how they are presented

• Ummm. No

• Its better but still kinda boring😬

• Yes, the second photo looks much better.

• More from Girls
    16

What Guys Said 45

• Looks like meaty finger dicks. Next time only cut a small piece of the meat off for presentation or cut in half and the sauce is that a steak sauce or is that a marinade something. I wouldn't have spread it over the plate just a small amount on the steak itself. The amount of potatoes is way over portioned compared to rest of the plate. The carrots seem out of place by themselves.

• 6d

Quick question are you Asian. Just curious as for the choice in food makes sense if so I have Asian friends.

• 6d

Hopefully soon I’ll have it figured it out. It can be very stressful sometimes when things don’t go as planned. I’m even starting to buy cook books like The French Laundry CookBook

• 6d

I totally know what you mean. Just gotta have lots and lots of practice. And remember what you do when u like it. As I said before though with steak meat, the cut and grade quality will make a huge difference in both taste and how they cook. I only buy prime grade, and usually only ribeye because fat adds flavor

• The rice needs saffron... the steak needs garnish... the gravy needs to be poured better... and last, and the worst, that red wine needs to be in a MUCH nicer cup.

• Hahahaaa no. I don't mean to be mean but I would only hire you as a chef if I worked in a breakfast diner like Denny's or something.

A. It's a nutritious meal for sure but rice is a weird side to have with carrots and steak.

B. The steak is kind of thrown around haphazardly. For a steak as small as that, I'd leave it whole, it's hard to make a pile of something "neat" when there is that small of an amount.

C. The worst thing is the weird sauce placement, dribbles everywhere and it looks like none of it is even on the food. If it's a side sauce, put it in a separate dish, if it's a garnishing sauce, drizzle it on there nice and slow and methodically.

Are you actually a chef? No offense. Do you want to be a chef? Do you even care that much? If you want to be a good presenter, watch cooking shows and take note of their techniques. Try to imagine being in a five star restaurant and how the food served to you would look. This is like 3 star restaurant quality, but half a star was only added because the critics didn't want to be too harsh because at least your restaurant doesn't have a roach infestation. But presentation isn't everything. I'd eat it.

• Thats pretty trash dude...

>Its just random piles of stuff with no form. The random piles of stuff have no variation (here's your meat pile, here's your carrot pile, here's your rice pile)
    >Leave the steak whole
    >Black pepper on everything is unsightly
    >Lose the garage sale plates and get some proper white ones www.worldmarket.com/.../...inner-plate-set-of-4.do
    >There sauce on the rim, and it also has no form
    >Too much rice, too much carrot

Black pepper on everything? No. Piles of food? No. Sauce is neat and tight, it just gently floods to the other components, and there's variation in the components, every bite will have something different.

Notice how subdued the pepper is? Its reserved to where it needs to be, just on the meat. Again lots of variation as opposed to piles of this and that. I hate the lines of green I'd swirl those purees more like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udzs_MPNpMQhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL1oA2JMrRo

Remake that plate again
    >Sear the steak, leave it whole, place it, off center of the plate about 4 o clock, one large quenelle of rice also at 4 o clock just below the steak. Leave an inch of white space around the entire rim. Place another quenelle of rice at 10 o clock just above the steak, preferably facing another direction than the other quenelle. Next, carrot, preferably and long one with the greens still on it, peel it, cut it in half, sear it cut side down in oil, until its well brown, put in then put it in the oven to finish cooking it all the way through. When its down place it on the stake horizontally, skin side up, on the left side of the steak, fan the greens up and to the right. Next, asparagus, the tops only, roast them, arrange them abstractly around the steak, maybe 5 of them. Next pearl onions, cut them in half, sear them in oil till they color, arrange them similarly to the asparagus. Next mushrooms, preferably bite sized ones, like button, cut them in half, then crosshatch the insides with a knife like so sear them cut side down, arrange them similarly to the other vegetales. Finally the sauce, with a spoon you're going to just fill the white spaces around the vegetables, don't cover anything with it, you want people to see the food. Is my food presentation gettting better?Is my food presentation gettting better?Is my food presentation gettting better?Is my food presentation gettting better?

• 6d

The pictures correspond with the breaks in paragraphs. 1st photo 2nd paragraph, 2nd and third photo third paragraph, 4th photo refers to the scored mushrooms.

• I can't tell if those are cooked fingers or cooked penises in the first pic.

Don't mind me... I care little about food presentation. So long as it is food to keep me alive and I don't get sick, I'll eat it. It all comes out the same way

• Is it snowing in your house? As for the food i’d rather choke.. sorry eat the cardboard holding those 4 cups together !!!

• Ok I can kind of see what you were going for... but honestly it looks like bangers and mash with carrots and gravy on the side.

After reading the other messages I would hazard a guess that it's steak, rice and carrots with a red wine jus which sounds awesome though I like my steak a bit rarer personally... still looks like bangers and mash though.

• Interesting mix of cuts on the carrots. But makes them look like you're serving scraps. I thought the potatoes were rice when I first saw it. Is the cause steak cause or gravy. If you cooked the meat good you do t need that much steak sauce if any. Gravy... ummmm, so you dip the tatoes? The meat look like fingers. 😂 but I'm sure thats just my m
    Imagination.

So overall. You did a wonderful job. who cares how it looks. It would be gone quickly if it tastes good.

• I would have placed the rice in the middle, stacked the carrots on a small pile on top of it, with the meat cautiously placed on top.

Dont just place everything besude each other, try to do it "vertical", looks much better

• Ok my man you keep posting pics of the same food, except you moved it around a little.

I mean what are you hoping to accomplish?

Cause I can tell you one thing great chefs don't just cook the same thing every day.

• I honestly don't know how you became an influencer🤔🤔
    But, let's say you make people laugh I guess
    Good cooking, but the presentation seems like you had five seconds to do it... Not that good man

• I could definitely eat it (even if the meat is a little bit overcooked FOR ME) but I cannot say this is a good presentation.

• That looks like Florida after a hurricane. I guess I like a little symmetry.

• The steak itself actually looks like you cooked it perfectly. Not sure about cutting it up like that though. Just leave it whole in the future.

Everything else, over cooked as fuck.

• No, there is no color on the plate, it's very bland looking.

• The second one is better. The first one looks like penises between carrots and potatoes. Not sure how you'd fix that.

• You still haven't learnt to wipe the lord damned plate down. Grease. Uneven sauce splatter. Yuck. Get it off the plate.

• Try to learn "garnishing" to improve the "presentation." I think the rice looks like "mashed cauliflower." The gravy is in a weird place.

• If you are just jazzing things up for yourself then, ok I guess.
    However, if you were for e. g. doing Come Dine With Me, then I suspect you'd be looking at about 2 or 3 po it of 10. And that would be based on the rest of the evening being better.
    Carrots and rice like that are not working. The meat is too chunky for the rice. The gravy, if that's what it is should be placed better than that. It looks like you grabbed the plate off the dishwasher carousel and chucked it on there.
    I am sorry.
    Good luck going forward. Maybe try following some recipes site like MyDish. co. uk for ideas.

• l would not put the gravy on the plate put it in a small jug and serve it at the table along with the meal and you are doing very well stick with it

• More from Guys
    25