What’s your biggest screw up in the kitchen?

Whether you did it when you were a kid or as a misguided college student, you’ve had a seriously bad screw up in the kitchen. So what happened?

87

Most Helpful Guys

• When I was still working in a commercial kitchen as a line-cook, I picked up the rice cooker lid, a huge monstrosity that's larger and heavier than Captain America's shield - and it just so happened that the handle had snapped badly the night before, leaving a VERY sharp, serrated edge where the handle should be. No one knew it had happened, until I grabbed a hold of where the handle should be... and well... blood everywhere. I was sent home and to the doctor that evening. The restaurant still paid me for a full shift.

• My other colleague was chopping up bird-eyes chillis and went to the toilet to pee, forgetting to wash his hands before he did his business. The result of that is incredibly predictable.

Most Helpful Girls

• I put 9 teaspoons of bicarbonate soda in my cakes.