What’s your biggest screw up in the kitchen?

Whether you did it when you were a kid or as a misguided college student, you’ve had a seriously bad screw up in the kitchen. So what happened?
What’s your biggest screw up in the kitchen?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• When I was still working in a commercial kitchen as a line-cook, I picked up the rice cooker lid, a huge monstrosity that's larger and heavier than Captain America's shield - and it just so happened that the handle had snapped badly the night before, leaving a VERY sharp, serrated edge where the handle should be. No one knew it had happened, until I grabbed a hold of where the handle should be... and well... blood everywhere. I was sent home and to the doctor that evening. The restaurant still paid me for a full shift.

1|0
    0|0
    • My other colleague was chopping up bird-eyes chillis and went to the toilet to pee, forgetting to wash his hands before he did his business. The result of that is incredibly predictable.

Most Helpful Girls

• I put 9 teaspoons of bicarbonate soda in my cakes.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• I forgot to cover up the blender while making banana shake

1|0
    0|0
  • I put a potato in the microwave and it caught on fire.

1|0
    0|0
  • Oil fire.

Luckly nothing burned down. Trying to deep fry potato chips, too much oil, it boiled over and touched the hot electric hob.

1|0
    0|0
  • Salted fish that was in a can of brine (salt water)

1|0
    0|0
  • Set fire to the stovetop.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Not sure of the worst but just a few days ago, I was simmering a bechamel sauce and fell asleep. It burned into the pan an inch of black crust and stunk up the whole house. It took me 4 hours to clean the pan and the house still smells

1|0
    0|0
  • I put a pot of pintos on and feel asleep on the couch while watching a movie and burnt the beans. It stunk up the whole house.

1|0
    0|0
  • ummm i tried to flip the pancake... and u know what happens next

1|0
    0|0
  • I accidentally burned my stove when I tried to fry some chicken nuggets.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was boiling water for noodles and forgot about it and burnt the pan

1|0
    0|0
  • The only food I can make is cupcakes tbh
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes