Do you want a significant other who cooks?

Do you have/want a significant other who can cook? I personally want a girl who can cook all types of food.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I definitely do, it'd be fun to cook with them, I wouldn't have to do all the cooking and it'd be cool if he could cook something up for special occasions

1|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, with a good reason. I can't really cook that good so I hope we can cook together then and then I can learn from her, by helping her. Ofcourse I'm taking cooking lessons, but still.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 21

• I like the idea of two independent people able to take care of themselves who fall in love. So I like that both know how to cook, at least the basics. It's not nice to have a person that always depend on you to cook, and can't do anything in the kitchen for themselves. In addition it's cool to cook together.

0|2
    1|0
  • I definitely love it when he cooks for me on special occasions or just bring breakfast for me in bed. This kind of effort and gesture really melts my heart. It's so sweet. But I want to learn how to cook hia favourite dishes, so I would usually prefer to cook.

0|2
    0|0
  • It would be nice for those days when I'm feeling sick or extremely tired. I kinda don't want him just depending on me all the time. So if he is able to make a few simple dishes every now and then that would be great.

0|1
    0|0
  • It'd be nice if he could cook the basics (eggs, pasta, y;know, the easy stuff) so I don't have to do all the cooking every day, but I don't expect a gourmet chef or anything like that.

0|2
    0|0
  • I love cooking and wouldn't mind if he can't cook. But I don't have the time to cook 7 days a week so if he doesn't want to order in on the days I won't cook, he should learn some basics.

0|2
    1|0
  • I'd love it if my significant other could cook! I do well enough for myself in the kitchen, but it would be much nicer if we could take turns... or cook together!

0|2
    1|0
  • Do you want a significant other who eats?
    Do you want a significant other who cleans?
    Do you want a significant other who poops?

The mind blowing vague questions lol

0|1
    0|0
  • We both live on a diet of instant ramen and takeout. As long as one of is learns to cook, I'll be happy

0|1
    1|0
  • I mean, adults are supposed to know how to cook, that's part of being an adult. So, yeah. He has to.

1|2
    0|0
  • That would be a plus since I can't cook ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but definitely not a requirement

1|1
    1|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 18

• Yes I do want an SO who cooks because I think being able to cook is an important life skill. In my opinion being able and willing to cook shows certain positive qualities in a person. Anyway she's an excellent cook and we take turns cooking. Although most evening I get home from work before she does so I will start dinner.

0|2
    0|0
  • i can good pretty good but yeah i would like to have an S/O that can cook. i don't mind cooking 7 days per week but it would be nice to have someone cook for me once in a while too.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes, I'd love a woman who cooks... so I can cook with her. 😉 I love cooking with and for someone I love. I love cooking together.

0|1
    0|0
  • HELL YES!!!

It's a survival skill, like swimming, self-defense, first aid, etc. If she doesn't have the skills, she should be willing to learn.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. Definitely! Because I'm not good at cooking. I can handle other things for them in return, that how we'll complete each other. 🙃

0|1
    0|0
  • Hmmm.

That depends on if they like it, have the time, and are good at it.

I thought about several rooms in an “ideal” house... and girls get snippy and demand that if I “control” the design, I’d better “deal” with whatever you do in that room (like the kitchen, I’d have to cook and clean it.)... I don’t mind. I’m ok at cooking, just not super used to making things from scratch (and the associated terms), but if I designed the kitchen, I’d be ok with doing a lot of the cooking.

But yes, I’d love to see a woman who can cook and clean (as I would cook and clean), it just means she’s more able to live as a more mature independent adult.

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh. I think it is important as a life skill to be able to cook but I don't specifically need her to as I can cook.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. She must cook food. All types of food is not the requirement but at least simple dishes.
    I can cook & we can cook some special dishes together.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well yes id prefer not to eat ramen or easy Mac forever

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes!
    No cooking? learn!
    can't learn? Leave!

0|2
    1|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes