Is fried chicken the national dish of Canada?

Most Canadians eat fried chicken, cornbread, grits, and drink Jack Daniels. In fact the Canadian diet is mainly greasy fried foods. Or so I've heard, maybe it's even true...

Bacon and maple syrup is a myth.
Updates:
I assume watermelon is Canadian too. And Moonshine. No?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Everybody likes fried chicken... But you are actually describing a meal from the American south, certainly not associated with Canada.

0|0
    0|0
  • no i thought it was the national dish of black southern america

0|0
    0|0
    • Well Canada IS a black country these days.

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Nope. It's peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. They actually serve it in restaurants. Sounds crazy. But they're addicting. I got a girlfriend hooked on them. I prefer mine with onion.

0|0
    0|0
    • I've never seen that on any menus here, but maybe it's popular in your part of Canada?

• Show All
    • Yep. East coast maritime provinces. Granted, I've only read about it. But after trying it, I can believe it.

• It really is addicting.

• That sounds more like America 🤣

Also greasy food makes sense for cold countries, grease turns to fat which keeps the body warmer.

0|0
    0|0
  • According to google the national dish if Canada is something called Poutine. Whatever the shit that is.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm the national dish of Canada

0|0
    0|0
  • If it has got hot sauce on it then it should be

0|0
    0|0
  • Uhhhhhh no...

0|0
    0|0
    • It may as well be.

• Because black people now outnumber you in your country.

• They don’t, it’s majority white and the two largest minorities are South Asian and Chinese

• umm no

0|0
    0|0
  • NOOOOOOOOOOO

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

Recommended myTakes