Monolingual or multilingual?

I want to create a website of healthy eating recipes, where anyone could contribute their own ones. Like a Wikipedia, but of cooking.

The question is that if I do it only in English all the recipes that exist will be together, and it would be easy to create instructions about how to use the website without the need of translating every small modification in any other language.

On the other hand many people don't understand English around the world, so even when they could visit the automatically translated website version, they won't be easily able to contribute their own recipes. Additionally each language would have their own set of recipes, instead of having all which exist together.

So what do you think it would be a better option?

(CC0)
(CC0)
  • Monolingual
    Vote A
  • Multilingual
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Is this really worth your effort when every country already has their wiki versions of cookery? Allrecipes is multinational

1|1
    0|0
    • It will be vegan only, so it won't only be for cooking but also for making eating healthy tastier than in a more traditional manner.

And not only people will be able to publish recipes, but to improve them and get paid for them.

• Plus they will be under a copyleft license, anybody will be able to use the recipe as wanted as long as they preserve the same right for derivative works:

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/

Most Helpful Guy

• you will find most people regardless of where they are from will get a 'translate this page' option when they access something in a foreign language so i wouldn't worry if i was you. google has done the work for you

0|2
    0|0
    • vegan recipy sites are everywhere so i think wonder woman still makes a good point.

• Yes, there are. But none allows to freely improve the recipes by yourself. You can cook the recipes there, but you cannot give your improvements back.

The goal is to make improvement as easy as possible, so eating well ends being tastier and more attractive than doing so in an unhealthy fashion.

• ah yes that is a good idea... espacially for me because im also refined sugar free

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• It's better to do it in English in my opinion. If you wanted to include every language, you'd end up with a cluttered website who's content is useless to most visitors.

0|1
    0|0
  • Multilingual

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I think English is good. If someone has one in another language they can translate it. Shouldn’t be too difficult

PS: u should really think about playing Jesus in a movie😂

0|1
    0|0
  • Start with a monolingual website and according to the geographical location of your followers go adding languages.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes