Which country's cultural food is your favourite?

Which country's cultural food is your favourite?
Mine is actually American country food and bbqs
Like the bbq pit boys https://www.youtube.com/user/BarbecueWebWhich country's cultural food is your favourite?

1|1

Most Helpful Girls

• My all time favorite is soul food. That's the typical cuisine in the American south and being from the south myself, I love it! As for food outside of my own culture, I really enjoyed the food when I went to Jamaica recently. It was amazing! :)

1|1
    0|0
  • African like west African and central African.

Also some indian food like samosa and korma. Some east African food as well, it is also very indpired by the east and also have samosas (sambussa) and chapati.

But also a good italian pasta dish or pizza. A good bbq. Some middle eastern and norh African. Some chinese/vietnamese.

The world has a lot of gems.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• so hard. bbq is a great and uniquely American selection. i think southern soul food in general is fantastic.
    ultimately i think i would pick the sandwich culture that is pretty native to the northeast... hoagies, steak sandwiches, and other sandwiches like that

0|1
    0|0
  • My favourite food is that of my own culture (Australian), next I would say Mediterranean cuisines such as Lebanese, Greek and Turkish.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 62

• Vietnamese food. Tried plenty of food around the world but nothing is as fresh as Vietnamese. There’s a perfect mixture of heavy and light flavours, sweet and sour, hot and cold foods, veggies and meat. It’s perfection. Could live on it every single day.

0|0
    0|0
  • My favourite in order are
    1. Greece
    2. China
    3. India
    4. Korea
    5. Vietnam
    6. Middle Eastern
    7. Thai
    8. Japan
    9. Italian
    10. American
    11. France
    12. Russian
    13. Spanish
    14. Syrian

0|1
    0|1
    • Mmmmm - souvlaki, loukamades, and spanokopita!

• If it was possible to give 5 thumbs up for your comment I would. You went the extra mile by listing all 14 of your favorites.

• Probably close between Vietnamese and Japanese.

I don’t really have one favorite

I have favorites from each country. I just probably do viet or Japanese most often as those are readily available

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm probably bias but English. Can't beat a good old fish and chips or a Sunday roast with Yorkshire puddings... and you can't forget the full English breakfast <3

0|0
    0|0
    • And the good thing is if you run out of tartar sauce for the fish, just use semen sauce.

• Peru. Hands down. Peruvian food is the absolute BEST!

1|1
    0|0
  • Mine is Venezuelan and Colombian, very similar in some aspects.
    I've also noticed that a lot of people have said "mexican" or "italian". I'm 110% sure they're referring to the americanized version, not the real thing...

0|0
    0|0
  • Italian and Mexican. Authentic Italian dishes are just so amazing

0|3
    0|0
  • Korean food. They are just yum!!! Also, mexican foof as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • japanese, arab, mexican, chinese, indian, italian.

I really wanna try jamaican food though but we dont have much of that in my area

0|0
    0|0
  • Balkan food. Turkey, Bosnia, Croatia, Romania, Serbia...

0|1
    0|0
  • I like Italian, Polish, Chinese, Arabic and Turkish cuisine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Chinese, italian, mexican. Though bbq sounds pretty damn good too lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Chinese food I'd love to try Korean and Japanese food one day too
    They just seem so tasty

1|0
    0|0
  • Turkish xD

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm with you. Love that country cookin'.

0|1
    0|0
  • Chinese. Love sweet and spicy tofu.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love American BBQ, but I LOVEEEE italian food

0|1
    0|0
  • Latin American
    American
    Indian
    Persian
    Thai

0|1
    0|0
  • I love Indian food.

0|1
    0|0
  • Thai and Russian cuisine

1|1
    0|0
  • Indian

0|2
    0|0
  • I really like Japanese food.

0|1
    0|0
  • Thai Asian cusine

0|1
    0|0
  • Think i love all

0|1
    0|0
  • Mine is Japanese and Chinese specifically Szechuan

1|1
    0|0
  • I like Chinese food.

0|0
    0|0
  • Egypt for Sure. xxoo

0|0
    0|0
  • Japan's

0|0
    0|0
  • American soul food baby!😍

1|2
    0|0
  • I like Italian...

1|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 54

• Dead heat : American, Mexican, Chinese (Cantonese), Italian. Close second: Greek.

BTW- Some things are universal, it seems. It's interesting to note that just about every culture has some sort of "dough with sugar and cinnamon" dessert- elephant ears, funnel cakes, churros, loukoumades, struffoli, franzbrotchen, piggies, babka, etc.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well, considering I'm a vegetarian, my favorite cultural cuisines are those with lots of vegetarian food: Indian, Chinese, Italian, Japanese, Mexican, Korean and Indonesian.

0|1
    0|0
  • see the problem with this is that if i say americas people will be like, "america has no cultural food" but those people are all stupid because soul food was created by black americans and it is my absolute fucking favorite, therefor, america. fuck with me

0|0
    0|0
  • Lebanese. It’s insanly good. Also we have a restaurant here in the uk called Dishoom; Indian, rich and bursting with flavour.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would say it is a tie between Mexican food and Italian food I eat Italian food more but I slightly like Mexican more but still I couldn't live without either

0|1
    0|0
  • I do love me some bbq as well as southern comfort food in general but my favorite is probably Japanese with Asian food in general closely followed

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know which is my favorite
    I am Danish and I like a lot of Danish dishes I also like a lot of Mexican and Indian food funny those two are often spicy and Danish food most certainly isn't

0|0
    0|0
    • The only Danish food I know is danishes.

• @Jamie05rhs
      I lived in the US a while
      What is most often referred to there as danishes there are abominations and has nothing whatsoever to do with proper Danish pastrymaking
      On a side note we actually call it wienerbrød because while a lot of those things were invented in Denmark it was invented by Austrians the typical pastry fluffy with a filling in the center we call a spandauer and the filling is either raspberry jam or remonce never blueberries and absolutely never any sort of cream cheese filling!

• Come'on, have you REALLY tried Carolina style pulled pork BBQ?

(If you haven't, you should)

I don't have a favorite, but Indonesian, Chinese, and Korean food is great.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm just a glutton because I like them all. I've traveled to many places and have not had bad food; there are some dishes I may not find good but have never dismissed an entire cuisine.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would have to say Japanese. It seems a lot more natural and healthful than our American cuisine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Persian and Indian! I love their spices and grill so much

1|1
    0|0
  • Italian and Mexican but i do enjoy Chinese and American also

0|1
    0|0
  • I can't decide between USA's southern food, or Mexican food.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love the food from India, middle East and Mediterranean countries. Spain, morroco, Algeria, Italy specifically.

0|0
    0|0
  • Turkish food since they foods somehow similar to us

0|1
    0|0
  • I would like to actually travel outside the US so I can actually have more than just my American food and also Persian.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cajun, Sushi, Southern Home Cooking, Alfredos, Exotic Salads, etc..

0|0
    0|0
  • Sorry, how is BBQ cultural. Do you mean to say typical?

0|0
    0|0
  • Italian

0|1
    0|0
  • Northern Indian and Thai

1|2
    0|0
  • 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

0|1
    0|0
  • Indian, Chinese and Italian.

0|1
    0|0
  • For taste, Chinese, for looks, Japanese.

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably Nepal

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope that's worng.
    All food is my favorite 😂😂

0|1
    0|0
  • Indian food is awesome!

0|1
    0|0