Do you like Southern US style Cooking?

This is the typical Southern Style. There is other variations such as Cajun, Texas Style, Memphis Style, Carolina Style etc...
  • I love Southern Food
    Vote A
  • Southern Food is Ok
    Vote B
  • Southern Food is Gross
    Vote C
  • I like some Southern Food
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Southern food tastes amazing, but it is so incredibly unhealthy. Everything is either deep-fried, heavily salted or loaded with sugar.

1|4
    0|0
    • Food is the one thing Southerners do best even if unhealthy.

• Agreed. That’s why it’s great for comfort food, but not necessarily the best choice for everyday.

• I was born and raised in the south, so of course I enjoy the food. :)

I think my favorites are dressings, mac n cheese, biscuits, collard greens, squash casserole, and potato salad.

my least favorites are the switch from fresh to canned green beans, some of the jelly/budget meats/meat products, and the absence of fresh garlic and herbs.

But overall, I really enjoy southern cooking and always look forward to Thanksgiving :)

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• My family has been in the South for almost 400 years. I love Southern food. Fried chicken is one of the major food groups!

0|1
    0|0
  • love it. just wish it was a healthy as it tasted. but mmm some mac and cheese, greens, slaw, potato salad, bbq, fried chicken... i need to stop i'm driving my salivary glands crazy

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• I do of course. But I can't eat a lot of fried foods especially fried chicken. Chicken n dumplins are a favorite of mine.

0|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely! Especially since Im born and raised in the south lol. I have so many favorites to eat and cook, especially when my grandma makes it.

1|1
    0|0
  • Being born and bred in the South I love it!!! It’s so yummy!! πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

0|2
    0|0
  • Well I have family from down south and when I go down to visit they make the best food so yes!!! But it is unhealthy so I eat it in moderation

1|1
    0|0
  • It's the only good thing about the south honestly.
    Cheese grits? Sweet tea? Fried everything? BBQ? Hell yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m not big on BBQ.. But I love southern cooking. I have some at least once a month

0|1
    0|0
  • Those look really delicious instead I would take some of few vegs out

0|0
    0|0
  • I just had chicken , zuuccini, cranberry sauce, Spanish rice and roll yesterday

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never really had it before

0|1
    0|1
    • Fried Chicken, mac & Cheese, Pork bbq?

• Ok, i've tried those and I like them

• Thats generally Southern US food. There's also pork chops, corn bread, greens, cole slaw, Mashed potatoes and gravy pretty much anything Kentucky Fried Chicken serves

• Heck yea! I love it yea buddy get in my belly:)

2|2
    0|0
    • LollπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ’€πŸ’€

• @LuvAsh Girl that plate looked good made me want to jump through the screen.

• Hahaha same!! That plate of food is callingπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ i can't wait until thanksgivingπŸ˜†πŸ˜©πŸ˜©πŸ˜΄πŸ˜‚

• I actually just finished making grits for dinner.

2|1
    0|0
  • YasssssssπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹β€πŸ’žπŸ˜©πŸ˜©πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1|2
    0|0
    • by the way how dare u for posting that picture of food up! Now everytime i get on GAG thats the first thing i see and it makes me hungryπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜©πŸ˜©πŸ˜©πŸ˜© @smahala1991

• Man, ain't nothing better than soul

• U never liedβ˜ΊπŸ‘πŸ‘

• yes please

0|1
    0|0
  • Love it!

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I am a Texan.
    I love Texan food.

0|2
    0|0
  • Hell yeah especially when growing up in the south

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I do.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yessssss

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 33

• I hate collard greens, I'm not a fan of cornbread, and I don't eat mayonaise, so any creamy coleslaw is a no go for me, but other than that I love southern food. Fried chicken, grits, baked beans, blackened proteins, sausage gravy, etc. Are all things I love.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would like it as a treat maybe once a fortnight not everyday that looks like heart attack on a plate

2|1
    0|0
  • Yes i'm from Pennsylvania and this elderly Woman
    from Georgia was telling me that she makes some
    good Southern cooking i know for fact i would love it
    cause i eat just about anything that you put in front of me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes please!!! I went down to North or South Carolina and had BBQ from aunt bees, was some of the best BBQ I have ever tasted

0|1
    0|0
  • If it's green it's trouble if it's fried give me double.

1|2
    0|0
  • As someone who grew up around soul food, I could always go for some mac and cheese, greens, potato salad and fried chicken. Don't get me started on smothered pork chops tho.

0|1
    0|0
  • Mmmmm yes. My grandmother and mom both cooked this type of stuff regularly.

0|2
    0|0
  • i'm not from the south (from NYC), but i like southern food, especially cajun seafood, and bbq!

0|1
    0|0
  • Hell yeah. As far as eating, Louisiana and Texas have been my favourite places to go.

1|1
    0|0
  • Heck yes, all of them. Love the seasoning involved in Cajun style

0|1
    0|0
  • Man, I'm from South Carolina. If I didn't like it, I should be and would be imprisoned.

0|1
    0|0
  • Most of the southern food I have tried has been good but I haven't tried a huge variety of it

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah. I do want to try more variety of other areas as well.

0|1
    0|0
  • Look it's country cooking with zest. We like spice in Missouri too.

0|1
    0|0
  • In moderation, like once a month.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes but im trying to get a nice body ao i can't eat what i wanna eat

0|1
    0|0
  • nah... too much saturated fat and i dont eat meat but i like k-rino so its not all bad

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a Cajun, and I promise, this food is amazing.

0|1
    0|0
    • What is your favorite Cajun cuisine?

• I like Jambalya

• Ces't si bon, laissez les bon temps rouler.. My personal favorites would have to be Crawfish Etouffee, Stuffed Seafood Pistolettes, and a Shrimp and Chicken Gumbo..

• Yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • I dig it a lot, but I can't eat it a lot.

0|1
    0|0
  • Best food in the world is some soul food.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's very good.

0|1
    0|0
  • Whoa you should chef me up some!

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I do

0|1
    0|0
  • I love it