When you were underage / below the legal drinking age, were you able to buy and consume alcohol?

• Yes, I was
  • No, I wasn't
  • I never tried
    Vote C
  • I am still below the legal age
    Vote D
  • Show answers
    Vote E

1915

Most Helpful Girls

• I never tried. I probably could have succeeded because of my height alone though. I did have the occasional drink at home with my parents, for special occasions. That's probably what took the thrill away.

• Yep, same here. I think it was because my folks let me have the odd beer, glass of wine or shot of bourbon that kept me from really wanting, or needing to buy it while I was underaged. I've never been a regular drinker anyway.

• @BlueWalker I'm not a regular drinker either. Meanwhile, everyone I know who drank in secret as teens are very regular drinkers now, or they were huge binge drinkers in university. I don't know if there's any correlation, but it's interesting anyways.

• I’m short and roundfaced, it was rare to not get carded until I was 27 lol

• I got carded at 34 one time! LOL! Seriously! 😂 I was buying a bottle of scotch and despite having my full winter beard they freakin' carded me! lol Maybe they though I was wearing a fake beard or something? 🤔

Most Helpful Guys

• I never really tried to buy. I wasn't interested in alcohol until I was around 16. At that time my dad allowed me the occasional drink. I don't think I actually got seriously drunk until I was 19. That pretty cured me of drinking to the point of intoxication.

Even today I'm not a big drinker. I might have a mixed drink or a wine, maybe once every six months, maybe.

• Back in the day of no photo ID's and stuff like that places would sell booze to kids all the time. I can remember buying my first six-pack at the age of 12.