Have you tried Canadian poutine?

Poutine is a staple food here in Canada, have any of you outside Canada tried this delicious meal?Have you tried Canadian poutine?
  • Yes, I've tried it.
    Vote A
  • No, I've not tried it.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• had it in Canada for the first time this year. so much better than the varities i've had in the US... not that there isn't good Poutine in the US.

the poutine i've had in the US has suffered from the fries being soggy from the gravy which kind of ruins it when the fries are mush

0|0
    0|0
  • Tried it but with no cheese curds, just melted cheese.

1|0
    1|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Canadian so yeah ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

2|1
    0|0
    • Hello, fellow Canadian! ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ˜‹

• Show All
    • @devilman666 Yeah, I'm really into hiking and camping, so that would be a reason for me to be in an area like that, and is a big reason why I'd love to get out of the city. I don't need much to be happy and even though I live in a big city, I don't really do anything here, other than outdoorsy stuff (walking, hiking, fishing and cycling), so big city amenities have never really been a need for me. But man, I am sorry to hear about all the drug issues. It seems like some rural areas have it worse than the cities nowadays. ๐Ÿ™

• @BlueWalker I honestly do think that in some rural areas it is getting worse in terms of usage. The cities have far more violence and deaths around it though, small town dealers are pretty chill and usually trustworthy (to not try and lace it) from my experience. They kind of have to be because reputation spreads quick here, everyone knows everyone, which means everyone knows who sells.

Yeah, I've never been a big fan of that kind of stuff, I'd rather go watch a movie at the theater or go spend the day playing DnD at a comic book store. More importantly though I guess I want to find more people with similar interests/hobbies.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 45

• I've had it at Popeyes which is a Cajun fried chicken restaurant here in the US

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a fan of Canada or anything from it.

0|2
    8|6
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R78l6ZOPy9o
    I hear Canadians like to go clubbing, but what do they do if there are no seals around?

1|0
    0|0
    • Love that show so here's a upvote from a weird Canadian. :p

• I live near Canada. We have a few decent places that make it here.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never tried it but it looks like great comfort food

0|0
    0|0
  • Never had Canadian food but sure does look good

Bad thing is there arenโ€™t any Canadian restaurants in my state :(

0|0
    0|0
  • I love poutine. But fast food poutine meh. Needs to be done right with an awesome gravy. Here in Toronto lots of good poutine places. Yummm

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. What is it? French Fries with gravy and cottage cheese?

0|0
    0|0
    • It would probably be better to melt sharp cheddar on the fires and then put the gravy on.

• I'll be passing threw in a month. It looks so good I'll definitely have some.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not delicious to me... and it's FATTENING as can be !!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Not yet, but I might try it if it's suitable for vegetarians (I'm not a vegan).

0|0
    0|1
  • I have not, but I actually really want to get my hands on some next time I go to Canada.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was in Vancouver recently but I didn't I got to stoned lol

0|0
    0|0
  • No I've never tried it but I really want to so I might try and make it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lived in North Dakota for 6 years. Winnipeg many times.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not from outside of Canada, but yes ^.^

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh yeah... Eh? ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ˜

0|0
    0|0
  • Wait what the fuck is it?

0|0
    0|0
  • It looks delicious, I want to try it ๐Ÿ™‚

0|0
    0|0
  • I live in Canada

1|1
    0|0
  • Looks semi-disgusting. Think Iโ€™ll skip that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, it's fucking disgusting.

0|0
    1|1
  • Yeah. Itโ€™s so awesome!

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope
    But looks yummy ๐Ÿคค

0|0
    0|0
  • I will try if you order..

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, never even heard of it until now :D

0|0
    0|0
  • A staple? No... not quite

0|0
    0|0
  • It makes me feel sick

0|0
    0|0
  • yes lol.. I love it

0|0
    0|0
  • No... in my projects now haha

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 20

• I've only tried a couple of poutine places - did not like the non-mainstream ones. I think the best poutine I ever had was McDonalds and Taco Bell and New York Fries. The only Canadian one out of that list is McDonalds.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im starting to not like Canada anymore.. And im from here.
    Peope are too stressed, therefore not polite, rude and arse.
    They are emotionally disconnected and live like robots "eat sleep work repeat".
    They dont care about the environment or anything really. Im sick of this place..
    Once upon a time it was beautiful but now its pure trash!
    I want to move on an island like Hawaii.. And be happy, stress free.. Away from crazy drivers..

0|0
    0|0
  • I've tried what's called poutine. I absolutely loved it because gravy, cheese and fries are my fav things under the sun but I don't know how 'Canadian' the poutine I had actually was

0|1
    0|0
  • We have that in the Philippines. It's called 'cheese & gravy potatoes' and, like poutine (which I have often tried), it's nothing worth getting excited for.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I was in Quebec (?) for a trip a really long time ago and we had poutine since you know... Canada, you gotta.
    Maybe it's just the place we went to but I wasn't huge on the gravy

0|0
    0|0
  • yes I've had it many times deeelish but its just so bad r you, only once or twice a year is all I can do.

1|1
    0|0
    • I laid off it too it's really is too much even if you get a small bowl still too much to handle.

• Show All
    • @BlueWalker My friend can easy eat 3 in one day it's kinda scary lol.

• @NatashaJ Holy crap! lol He/she must really love poutine! ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Iโ€™m not a big poutine fan even though Iโ€™m Canadian too. I do like the poutine potato chip flavour though because itโ€™s very salty

0|0
    0|0
  • yes very tasty... I had it a friends Canadian Thanksgiving dinner. Very rich

0|1
    0|1
    • Oh, cool. They served it with Thanksgiving?

• Show All
    • @BlueWalker I remember her using ground beef, ground pork. It was really rich. I can ask him to ask him Mom for the recipe... that kitchen smelled like heaven!!!

• @TheHillsRAlive Oh, wow! That would be very much appreciated! Thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚ If you are able to get it, you can message it to me if you like. You are too kind! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• No! I want to try that, Tim Hortonโ€™s& ketchup chips

0|0
    0|0
    • Be prepared to be disappointed with the Tim Horton's then. lol ๐Ÿ˜• Sadly, it's been bought out by a multi-national company and the quality has slowly gone downhill in the last 15 years. What was once a great Canadian icon is no more in my opinion.

• I have never tried it are there several different kinds or am I thinking of something else

0|0
    0|0
  • Iโ€™ve heard it was delicious! Is it true your McDonaldโ€™s has poutine fries as well?

0|0
    0|0
  • its amazing ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I love poutine

0|1
    0|0
  • Looking so nice, I want to

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Noooo and i want to so baad๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

1|0
    0|0
  • What is it?

0|0
    0|0
    • Poutine is a dish originating from the Canadian province of Quebec, consisting of French fries and cheese curds topped with a brown gravy

• Uhh sounds delicious!!! Where can i get some

• If you are outside Canada then you can find some restaurants in the United States that make them, alternatively you can make it yourself using household ingredients.

• WHERE CAN I GET SOME WTF IT LOOKS SO GOOOOD

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I haven't tried it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Itโ€™s a Wisconsin thing :P

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes