Why does homemade tomatoes soup taste different from canned tomato soup?

I make homemade tomato soup all the time at home, it's like a staple of mine. I wasn't feel too good a few days ago, so I bought 3 cans of tomato soup. I open one of the cans today and ate it and it tasted different. Why did it taste different?

44

Most Helpful Guy

• Because taste buds are selective to every compound!..
    And since both mixture have different ingredients in different ratio..
    The overall resulting taste from the mixtures!.. Is supposed to be different.

• Oh. That's possible I just find it strange that it didn't taste as good as mine and didn't taste like tomatoes.

• It won't..
      Besides canned stuff isn't tomatoes.. It am organic gravy.. Added flavors and preservative.. There is no way you can keep real tomatoes good enough for +6 days..

• Okay. Thank you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because it's made with better quality ingredients, hasn't been sitting around n a can for months, and it isn't full of preservatives and artificial colors.

• Thank you. That could be the case. This my first time trying canned soup. I won't be buying it again.

• I know I though it was an easy option but I think I will try you method or freezing the soup.

• Yeah, if you have a freezer and a microwave you can make a lot when you have the chance and just be lazy when you don't want to cook or don't have time.