What Flavor is Steak?

Like, of the traditional flavors, sweet, salty, sour, bitter, etc...

11

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 1

• I'll express my poor taste and actually like a cheap rib-eye steak at a diner in the US with A1 Steak Sauce. :-D I miss that most actually because here in Japan all the steaks are fancy and expensive and there's no A1 Steak Sauce. I've had to get a bunch of bottles from the US since even the stores selling foreign goods don't carry it. It's unheard of here.

Among the fancy steaks I like a very rare steak Japanese style with wasabi and soy sauce. Another one I like is French style filet mignon with foie gras and red wine sauce, like so:

What Flavor is Steak?

• Or I might have misunderstood the question. You mean how does a steak on its own taste like? I'd say it's hard to pinpoint. There's kind of earthy meat flavor to it. It's subtle; it's more pronounced in texture absent the type of seasoning you use. It tends to go well with like garlic and onion and butter to bring out those kinds of flavors and aromas.

• I'd say it's closer to pork than chicken in terms of texture and maybe taste, but still very different from both. Unseasoned any meat is going to seem extremely bland usually.

• I tend to like seasoned but no sauce really, but thanks for your input! :D