First alcoholic drink recommendations?

So I’m turning 21 tomorrow, and I’m planning on going out with a couple of friends. It’ll be my first time actually drinking alcohol, so I really don’t know what to go for. I’m not planning to get drunk off my ass because of school, but a drink or two won’t hurt so I’ll take any suggestions.
Also feel free to share any funny drunken stories lol

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Maybe just a beer (~5%) or wine ~11% alcohol content)... You might want to avoid strong alcohol for your first taste (typically about 40% plus content).

1|0
    0|0
  • Ask for a fruit tingle haha a cocktail all the kids drink for the first time

1|0
    0|0
    • I’ll keep that in mind lol

• Show All
    • I’m honestly not sure if they do or not, but if not they are probably drinks similar to it

• there's Always Similar drinks Otherwise go for gold and order sex on The beach

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, if you don't want anything strong, then maybe you want to start off with a wine cooler.

But back when I used to drink, I liked Smirnoff and Redd's Strawberry Ale. I've only had liquor a couple times and found that it's not really for me, so I don't have any recommendations for that.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• I didn't drink until I was like 22, and I think I had a cider.

But, with a first time, you're gonna want something on the lighter side. And eat food with it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't recommend spirits for a first time. I don't know if you girls are into drinking beer but it is the safest bet because it's relatively slow to take effect.

1|1
    0|0
  • Drink scotch neat. It’ll keep you from wanting more. Google alcohol’s affect on your body before you choose to start and if you start please do it in moderation

1|0
    0|0
  • Beer is best. Not too rough and you won't get intoxicated fast.

1|2
    0|0
  • I would suggest you drink some nice light cocktail and don't over do it, also be careful and have someone with you

1|0
    0|0
  • Try a good beer not bud light or coots but something with flavor like any microbrews

1|0
    0|0
  • I say why drink alcohol when you can do a perfectly good narcotic. ROFL

0|0
    0|1
  • beer, mojito

1|0
    0|0
  • rum and coke

1|0
    0|0
  • l dont drink

1|0
    0|0
  • Everclear

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Something light Marguerita or Daqauri
    Something fruity

1|0
    0|0
  • Loving archers and lemonade at the moment. Anything spirit based is pretty much makers of hangovers. And archers doesn't taste alcoholic

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes