Have You Ever Eaten An Acorn?

I've only swen squirrels eat acorns. I've never eaten one before.
  • Yes, it was good!
  • Yes, it was gross..
  • Nope, but I want to
    Vote C
  • Never😷
    Vote D

69

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, you can, you just gotta prepare them first. They're filled with a substance called tannic acid. Which is very bitter. You gotta shell them and boil them in batches of water to leech them out. Then you can eat them, and it can be pretty good. Has a little nutty flavor. But its recommenced to go for white oaks over red oaks. Furthermore, I found trying to shell acorns was a very long and tedious process. By the way, don't use a knife, use something more like a meat hammer.

And also, you're probably gonna find some weevils.

Most Helpful Girl