Have You Ever Eaten An Acorn?

I've only swen squirrels eat acorns. I've never eaten one before.
  • Yes, it was good!
    Vote A
  • Yes, it was gross..
    Vote B
  • Nope, but I want to
    Vote C
  • Never😷
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, you can, you just gotta prepare them first. They're filled with a substance called tannic acid. Which is very bitter. You gotta shell them and boil them in batches of water to leech them out. Then you can eat them, and it can be pretty good. Has a little nutty flavor. But its recommenced to go for white oaks over red oaks. Furthermore, I found trying to shell acorns was a very long and tedious process. By the way, don't use a knife, use something more like a meat hammer.

And also, you're probably gonna find some weevils.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• I did out of curiosity and it was the most bitter, acrid thing I have ever tasted. lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven't, but native americans would regularly use them for consumption. They even were able to brew it into coffee, intrigued by that one.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yep. You have to boil/steep them first though. Otherwise they are so bitter they will cause an upset stomach.

• So I've heard. With the cost of coffee grounds being pretty ridiculous, I've thought about doing it lol

• No but in parks and cemetery, i seen squirrels eating acorns.

1|0
    0|0
  • You can eat them in Breath of the Wild lol

1|0
    0|0
  • They are very bitter ๐Ÿคข

1|0
    0|0
  • tasted like a Chestnut

1|0
    0|0
  • nope never

1|0
    0|0
  • I know I could eat them to survive, so for three weeks while i hid out after my step mom mysteriously died from acorn poisoning

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• No now that you mention it I don't think I have๐Ÿค”I can remember using them for crafts in school but never eating them.

1|0
    0|0
  • yeah, it was really bland and hard to chew. but then, i got it from the ground lol

1|0
    0|0
  • no i hasn't

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope

1|0
    0|0
  • Never ate one.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes