What do you like to eat during the winter season?

What are some winter foods to keep you warm? For me I like chilli and cheese toast but it's so traditional. White chilli is delicious ingredients includes chicken, corn, kidney beans etc. What do you like to eat during the winter season?

1219

Most Helpful Guys

• YES! CHILLI!!! 😄 Chilli is good times on a cold winter's day. Warms you right to your bones. 😊 I have a pretty killer white kidney bean chilli recipe if you like! 🙂

• One traditional winter food dish would be the fermented (pickled) cabbage stew which is super mega tasty and I recommend by all means, it is also very healthy, has lots of vitamin C too. People here traditionally preserve food by fermenting it (caning) so you already have a big 100 liter barrel full of this fermented cabbage ready at home, among other things like bell peppers, tomatoes and other fermented food. It looks like this, the cabbage stew and I absolutely recommend it, you can make it with or without meat of course

• Also kidney beans stew which I am crazy about, chilly or just with fresh cabbage salad, you grate the cabbage on really really small pieces and add oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, also other spices by taste

• a 100-liter barrel of fermented cabbage o. O

But man, isn't fermented food awesome

thanks

• @DJZest yeah lol, it is not so much, it can last for one winter, if you make one cannabe stew a week lets say, it is those cabbage heads and the rest is that salt water so it is not as much as it seems, unless you grate the cabbage and then ferment it - that way you can pack much more actual cabbage in the barrel but that is just if you want to save space or some other reason, like if you have only one barrel and more people living with you

you are welcome, if you have the chance try this awesome dish

Most Helpful Girls

• Oatmeal
    Smothered pork chops and rice
    Pot roast
    Soups
    Chicken Pot Pie
    Lasagna
    Chili

But I mostly like to make stuff in my crock pot. I just toss in all the ingredients and let it do it's thing. Easy and delicious:)