Any cooking secrets for preparing a turkey?

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• I brined mine last year like Nigella Lawson! It was nice but I'm not sure you could really taste a difference given all the extra effort! It's all about the gravy anyways! I would deffo recommend Jamie Oliver's get ahead gravy! It's called something like that anyways lol or just adding a spoonful of cranberry sauce to the gravy right at the end really makes a difference 😁

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• If you're cooking it in the oven: Pat turkey dry with paper towell. Then coat with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder. Cook breast side down except for the final 45 min -1 hr. Wrap the wings in foil, so they don't get overcooked.

0|0
    0|0
  • The secret to a moist & juicy turkey is to brine it and because the dark meat in the thighs and drumsticks take longer to cook than the breast meat there is always a danger of overcooking and drying out the breast meat which is why it's always best to start out cooking the turkey on a rack in your roasting pan breast side down to give the dark meat a head start and then later using a couple of kitchen towels flip the turkey over to finish and brown the breast skin. Don't brine a turkey that has been injected with a salt solution or a kosher turkey as they are already full of salt.

0|0
    0|0
    • If anyone wants the actual recipe PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• I marinate it for at least 4 days in a mix of fresh vegetables and herbs that I blend. Everything has to be fresh, I try not to use any “powders”. Red and green bell peppers, red onion, celery, at least 2 heads of garlic, bay leaves, rosemary, allspice and plenty of salt, of course. I blend all that with orange juice and I leave the turkey in my fridge until Thanksgiving day. Then I bake it as regular, with mustard on the skin, etc. Deliciousness.

0|1
    0|0
  • Stuff it with garlic, rosemary, butter, etc. It'll absorb the flavors and the butter will make it more tender. Baste it every hour and it should turn out well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Go to YouTube and search Gordon Ramsay turkey.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're unsure of anything Google it

1|0
    0|1
  • Wine

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I don’t have any

0|0
    0|0
  • I never eat the Turkey. Just the sides

0|0
    0|0
    • Sorry, wrong post :(

• Stuffing it with apples and oranges adds a nice flavor to it. Also be sure to brine it before hand. Put a butter/spice/herb mixture under the skin 👌

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• Cover the breast with foil, than part way through cooking remove the foil so the skin on the breast gets brown. White meat (breast) cooks faster than dark meat so by covering the breast with foil you reflect some of the heat away allowing it to cook a little slower.
    Always use an electric knife to carve a turkey.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, they say for a Butterball turkey bake it for 4 hours 45 minutes
    for 14-18 lb Turkey. I don't nothing special to mine. Just make sure
    it's not over cooked and not dry.

0|0
    0|0
  • People forget its still hot and cooking when you pull it out, i always get it out of the oven a little early so it isn't dry.

0|0
    0|0
  • Couldn’t be anything easier. Stick a meat thermometer in one and throw it in the oven. No prep, bags or foil needed

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah step one leave the turkey in the fridge, then cook a ham instead, greatest Thanksgiving turkey ever

0|0
    0|0
  • BBQ it in wickedly spicy spices. Add some heat to that shit. Everything is better spicy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Start by giving it a proper name, it's not Turkey it's the Ottoman Empire

0|0
    0|0
  • Ya gotta brine it. 24 hours is best.

0|0
    0|0
  • play with it LMAO

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. Put your dick in the hole since you'll never get the opportunity to do that to a beautiful woman

0|0
    0|0
    • I know you said this to be mean. But i just cracked tf up.

• Just joking

• It turns out that I'm somebody you don't like, because you've blocked me.

Recommended myTakes