Any cooking secrets for preparing a turkey?

1012

Most Helpful Girls

• I brined mine last year like Nigella Lawson! It was nice but I'm not sure you could really taste a difference given all the extra effort! It's all about the gravy anyways! I would deffo recommend Jamie Oliver's get ahead gravy! It's called something like that anyways lol or just adding a spoonful of cranberry sauce to the gravy right at the end really makes a difference 😁

Most Helpful Guys

• If you're cooking it in the oven: Pat turkey dry with paper towell. Then coat with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder. Cook breast side down except for the final 45 min -1 hr. Wrap the wings in foil, so they don't get overcooked.

• The secret to a moist & juicy turkey is to brine it and because the dark meat in the thighs and drumsticks take longer to cook than the breast meat there is always a danger of overcooking and drying out the breast meat which is why it's always best to start out cooking the turkey on a rack in your roasting pan breast side down to give the dark meat a head start and then later using a couple of kitchen towels flip the turkey over to finish and brown the breast skin. Don't brine a turkey that has been injected with a salt solution or a kosher turkey as they are already full of salt.

• If anyone wants the actual recipe PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you.