What's your favorite food to make for Thanksgiving?

Turkey? Gravy? Pickles?What's your favorite food to make for Thanksgiving?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I like to make especially the gravy. I'm very, very particular about how I make gravy from the turkey juice and whisking it with butter and flower and wine and all sorts of seasoning while tasting and tweaking repeatedly. Some people might just be inflating my ego but they tend to say the gravy is the highlight. I'm very particular about it.

0|1
    0|0
    • * whisking it with butter and [flour] and wine [...]

• Show All
    • But butter, wine, turkey juice, flour, some seasoning -- can make for a very fine homemade gravy.

• I used to watch like French cooks and fancy stuff a lot. I binged on it for a while but I got the essence of the technique and the most useful ingredients and the importance of tasting what you make. Then you can make something that seems maybe a bit extravagant but not overboard -- something that almost seems like a restaurant-quality dish while retaining some "homemade" qualities.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 6

• I like smoking the turkey in the backyard I love scallop potatoes and broccoli casserole and stuffing

0|1
    0|0
    • Nice. Does it take long to smoke a turkey?

• Depending if you use a side smoker 18 hours or direct Heat for 7 hours depending on the size of the turkey

• My potato salad, cole slaw and macaroni salad are pretty good. My family loves when i make it

0|1
    0|0
  • Mashed potatoes

0|1
    0|0
  • Apple pie

0|1
    0|0
  • Turkey

0|1
    0|0
  • trouble.