I am trying to lose weight. What foods are both filling and good for weight lost?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Proteines and whole grain products are the best choice to still your hunger during a diet. Chicken breast, cottage cheese, whole grain rice and noodles. Cooked or baked potatoes are quite good as well.

0|1
    0|0
    • Baked potatoes does sound good

• Baked potatoes (without toppings) also provides fiber and minerals. Veggies.
      If possible, avoid a high carb meal in the evening.

Most Helpful Guy

• There's little way around it choose to lose weight or choose to be full because they're in contradiction to each other.
    I lost 70 lbs. here's how i did it. Your body needs 10 calories per lb. of body weight to maintain your weight each day. so if you weighed 200 lbs for example you need to eat less than 2000 calories each day (by the way when i say less i don't mean drastically less in fact eating drastically less is bad and will hamper your long term success. i shot for 100 calories less).
    don't try to change your life over night. Understand you didn't put this weight on over night you won't lose it over night. set a realistic goal 1-2 lbs per week.
    Make 1 small change, then another, then another, than another. before you know it you're living a completely different lifestyle. And that my friend will transform you.
    I began believe it or not with as simple as 1 minute on a stationary bike.
    Don't starve yourself! I set a routine of i would east every 4 hrs. you can't starve if you're eating every 4 hrs. but i never ate to be full just to be satisfied. As you do this you'll make better choices (for example you can eat a candy bar or 2 apples. you're going to feel more satisfied for longer eating 2 apples than a candy bar.
    Eat a lot of vegetables... I would hardly touch vegetables before. i slowly incorporated it into my diet. Eventually making it more and more a focus.
    Also remember to reward yourself when you do well ( I love pizza and i would set aside a cheat meal every Friday when i met my week goal i ate a small pizza). I almost always met my goals i think the longest i went without losing anything was 9 days. if you're doing right it will eventually come off. If you're not getting enough sleep it'll reflect on your scale believe me getting your rest is important!.
    Good luck my man!

0|0
    0|0
    • Wow. Thanks for all the advice. It's truly appreciated. I will keep you posted on my progress. Today I plan to hit the stair master for 20 minutes

• Good luck! You got this i believe in you! Just remember it's better to give 80% effort 100% of the time than a 150% effort 20 percent of the time. It's not how hard you go at it on any one day that's going to make the difference. it's what you do over a long enough timeline that will. i made a deal with myself i said i'm going to give it a solid effort for a year and if it doesn't work i won't do it anymore.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Try getting some 5% fat mince (or ground beef) and putting in a salad, with lettuce, tomatoes, gherkins/pickles, a little bit of fat free cheese and whatever else you want in there. In my house we call it the burger salad.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stay away from all processed foods, meaning anything in a can and goodies

0|1
    0|0
  • Fiber foods.🍏🍎🍐🍊🍌🍓🥦🥕

0|1
    0|0
  • Fruits And vegetables

0|1
    0|0
    • Which fruits. I'm usually still hungry after grapes or strawberries

• Yeah all fruits but you need to fat protein and carbohydrates too

• Good advice

What Guys Said 3

• take apple cider vinegar either the pill of liquid.

cut bread, rice, pasta, cookies, chips, soda, beef, junk food.

eat vegetables, fruit, water, egg, fish

2 to 1 big meal a day

be active.

i lost 20 pounds in 3 months. Could be more but i slacked off for 3 weeks.

0|1
    0|0
  • To lose weight you need to be in a caloric deficit. I recommend intermittent fasting. It helps control your appetite if that's an issue for you. I have had really good success with it, and I've tried all kinds of diets. IF and low fat have done wonders.

Foods don't necessarily matter. Everyone's body is different. I don't buy into those myths. What you need to track is your macros. You can eat whatever you want as long as it falls into a healthy range. Carbs are carbs, protein is protein, fat is fat, regardless of the source. Make sure to drink plenty of water and get a workout in when you can.

0|0
    0|0
    • What's your intermittent fasting schedule like? I'm interested in learning more

• I eat from 3PM-10PM sometimes extend it to 11PM. I keep what I eat low in fat and usually don't exceed 2500 calories in the meals I eat. I find much better than keto which gives me a pounding headache all the time. Any other questions lmk

• I tried keto too and it gave me a headache.

• Vegetables and water

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes