I am trying to lose weight. What foods are both filling and good for weight lost?

54

Most Helpful Girl

• Proteines and whole grain products are the best choice to still your hunger during a diet. Chicken breast, cottage cheese, whole grain rice and noodles. Cooked or baked potatoes are quite good as well.

• Baked potatoes does sound good

• Baked potatoes (without toppings) also provides fiber and minerals. Veggies.
      If possible, avoid a high carb meal in the evening.

Most Helpful Guy

• There's little way around it choose to lose weight or choose to be full because they're in contradiction to each other.
    I lost 70 lbs. here's how i did it. Your body needs 10 calories per lb. of body weight to maintain your weight each day. so if you weighed 200 lbs for example you need to eat less than 2000 calories each day (by the way when i say less i don't mean drastically less in fact eating drastically less is bad and will hamper your long term success. i shot for 100 calories less).
    don't try to change your life over night. Understand you didn't put this weight on over night you won't lose it over night. set a realistic goal 1-2 lbs per week.
    Make 1 small change, then another, then another, than another. before you know it you're living a completely different lifestyle. And that my friend will transform you.
    I began believe it or not with as simple as 1 minute on a stationary bike.
    Don't starve yourself! I set a routine of i would east every 4 hrs. you can't starve if you're eating every 4 hrs. but i never ate to be full just to be satisfied. As you do this you'll make better choices (for example you can eat a candy bar or 2 apples. you're going to feel more satisfied for longer eating 2 apples than a candy bar.
    Eat a lot of vegetables... I would hardly touch vegetables before. i slowly incorporated it into my diet. Eventually making it more and more a focus.
    Also remember to reward yourself when you do well ( I love pizza and i would set aside a cheat meal every Friday when i met my week goal i ate a small pizza). I almost always met my goals i think the longest i went without losing anything was 9 days. if you're doing right it will eventually come off. If you're not getting enough sleep it'll reflect on your scale believe me getting your rest is important!.
    Good luck my man!

• Wow. Thanks for all the advice. It's truly appreciated. I will keep you posted on my progress. Today I plan to hit the stair master for 20 minutes

• Good luck! You got this i believe in you! Just remember it's better to give 80% effort 100% of the time than a 150% effort 20 percent of the time. It's not how hard you go at it on any one day that's going to make the difference. it's what you do over a long enough timeline that will. i made a deal with myself i said i'm going to give it a solid effort for a year and if it doesn't work i won't do it anymore.