Why do restaurants in usa serve so much portion sizes?

One plate of food I get is enough for two adults and a child.

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Because they want repeat customers. You can always take home what you don't eat there.
    I don't know where you're from but when I was stationed in Germany in the Army, I went to a restaurant and they served a LOT of food. But back then, I could eat a lot and not gain anything. I wish that was true now.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I mean it depends where you're eating. I've been to restaurants that served small portions.

And I've been to restaurants that served a ridiculous amount of food. Although the ones that do serve big portions tend to cost more. I mean if I'm paying that much for a meal I'd better get my money's worth.

One of the reasons I'm a little turned off by fine dining. Just based on pics I've seen on Yelp some places serve really small portions.

I mean the plate looks really nice, but I feel like I might need to stop by jack in the box afterwards.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• Cause go big or go home

1|0
    0|0
  • I work with many international visitors to our country and they are often astounded at the size of our portions. At least twice as much as is needed and they often solit a meal. My SO and I now share a meal just on general principle. It is plenty of food and and why pay more?

My belief is that we have allowed ourselves to be rained to expect what were previously giant serving but are not "regular"

1|0
    0|0
  • What do you assume is a large meal? Because through my travels all over the meals are basically diet trays in the US mainland in my opinion compared to Hawaiis plates.

1|0
    0|0
  • Florida must not be part of the USA. 90% of the time the serving size is too small in my opinion

1|0
    0|0
  • Very good question. That is why if I go out, I always have leftovers. lol. It is ridiculous.

1|0
    0|0
  • Eating is fun for those of us with high metabolisms. 👍

1|0
    0|1
  • That is one of the first things I noticed when I moved here.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cause we fat, that's not even enough for me usually

0|0
    0|1
  • 'Cause 'Murica. lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I recommend ordering off the children's menu.

1|0
    0|0
  • To fatten us up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Then come to Europe, here its not like that at all

1|0
    0|0
  • Because many Americans are rather gluttonous.

1|0
    0|0
  • because we like it

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• You get what you pay for

1|0
    0|0
  • Because we can in fact eat two adults and a child

1|0
    0|0