Do you tip your waiter even if you've gotten bad service?

Do you tip your waiter even if you've gotten bad service?
  • Yes, I still give a good tip
    Vote A
  • Yes, but I give a low tip
    Vote B
  • No, I do not tip for bad service
    Vote C
  • I don't tip for good or bad service
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Why tip for bad service‽ Tipping in the U. S. was originally OPTIONAL in the first place and was generally frowned-upon as a violation of "American" principle of equality, until the Great Depression!

Personally, I hate tipping. (Tipping isn't even done in so many other countries. How is it still a thing in this side of the world‽)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_vivC7c_1k

0|0
    0|0
    • Correction: "Tipping in the U. S. was originally OPTIONAL in the first place and was generally frowned-upon as a bribery and a violation of "American" principle of equality, until the Prohibition!"

• I never tip. Why should I?

I work in the freezing cold doing hard physical labor all day everyday, and i get no extra thanks for it? Let alone financial rewards other than my standard pay..

Why should I give someone more money then their wage because they carried a plate to me?

0|1
    0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I still tip not as much though, maybe they don't feel good or are having an off day. They still have bills to pay so I still tip.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Yeah I still give 15%.

If it was really really bad? Like the person barely seemed interested and lacked any concern? Then 10%.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thank God there are at least a few people on GaG who aren't moronic barbarians.

• I understand how difficult it could be but they’re still human at the end of the day. It could just be a bad day for them

• Tips are for service rendered. It you don't supply the service I will give a small tip or none if really warranted. But that is extreme.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't tip for good or bad service.
    Its just my mood.😂

0|1
    0|0
  • If it was only the waiter's fault.. like being rude or something.. if the bad service was a fault of the restaurant then I'll tip

0|0
    0|0
  • If i received bad service i wouldn't leave a tip to the waiter/ waitress.

0|0
    0|1
  • I have left 3 pennies one day for the worst service I ever had.

0|0
    0|0
  • The only time I ever didn't tip was when the waitress was high and ignored me for 30 minutes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont tip anyway because i dont carry cash

2|1
    0|1
  • No, because why?

0|0
    0|1
  • Yes, I still tip just not quite as much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad service no tip

0|1
    0|0
  • I always leave a tip, cos it's not just the waiter/waitress fault. There doing the best they can so feel it's still deserved. Plus having worked in catering industry tips can usually help boost an already low paid job

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• The better the service the better the tip. It has to be absolutely terrible to leave nothing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I still tip I just leave them way less money

0|0
    0|0
  • Why in the world would I

0|1
    0|1
  • Hell no

0|0
    0|0
  • No way Jose