Would you ever visit an orchard farm? If so, would you go for pumpkin, or Apple, or grapes, or peaches picking?

I have gone and picked pumpkin and apples, its so so fun! ๐Ÿ˜Š

421

Most Helpful Guys

• When I was a kid it was something we did occasionally. Before south Florida was a complete concrete jungle we use to go to pick your own strawberries patches when they were in season. We also use to Go to apple orchards in North Carolina at our cabin and then make apple pies. We generally also had our own garden in the winter. Generally Iโ€™d rather keep my own garden, but sure if itโ€™s something Iโ€™m not growing myself then getting some fresh ripe produce locally is good.

• When I was in college I volunteered on this fundraising project that involved making organic apple butter at this natural foods store. A farmer donated the apple crop from one of his orchards and the volunteers all went out to this beautiful farm on a nice Saturday in the fall and picked apples. What was amazing was the smell of the orchard. Some apples naturally fall on the ground before they are picked. If they're in good shape they get gathered with the others. But some of the fallen apples have been on the ground a while and start to make this really nice (believe it or not!) apple smell that just permeates throughout the orchard. So visiting the orchard to gather apples was a very good experience and I would do it again.

• I know eh!! I love going to pick fresh fruits. The smell is even better to you are right.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes in November I go up to a little town called Snoline and get fresh apples from the orchards up there. So delicious.